Traveling on DH 40th bday

lcadkins2007

WILLSMOMMY
Hi everyone - (posted on Budget board too, hope that's ok!)

I am racking my brain :confused3 trying to think of something special to do for my hubby for his 40th bday. We will be traveling to WDW on the day of this birthday and I thought about having a snack basket delivered to the hotel so that it would be there when we arrive....2 problems 1) we arrive on a Sunday, 2) THEY ARE CRAZY EXPENSIVE!

I'm considering making up my own and having it shipped down to the hotel, but I have not idea what shipping may cost me (from Maryland)

So, since I've grown to love this board in such a short time, I'm hoping all of you creative people out there can share any ideas that come to mind to make this memorable for him....oh yeah, he is a tough one to buy for!!!

Thanks in advance,
Lynn :wizard:

what about a special tour or the Richard Petty driving experience or lunch with an animator.

If your husband is anything like mine, he might be totally embarassed, but you could start the trip by having the crew on your flight announce his b'day.

you could always celebrate his bday in the parks by getting a button/cake etc. On our first night in DW we usually visit Chef Mickey's. They can have a cake there for him.

I assume you are flying? How about some kind of basket before you leave that he could quickly pack like cds or new camera? ....I have seen on some sites where they have candy from the time period that could easily be brought on plane for snacks.

how about having a cake delivered to room? (there's a thread for that...:confused3 )

You could wear shirt/hats and have him wear a shirt/hat about being 40.

I was in DL for my 40th and it was the best birthday EVER!:cloud9:

It depends on when you get there. If you get there early enough maybe a nice dinner somewhere with a cake.

We're going to be in WDW for DH's 40th too but we'll be there 4 days before we celebrate it with a dinner at Narcoossee's. We're splurging because you only turn 40 once and I want him to remember how awesome it was not to mention making him feel special. I love making a big deal on milestone birthday/anniversaries.

I think if you made up a basket and shipped it from your home via UPS to the resort it might not cost you more than $10-15 depending on how big it is.

My DH will be turning 40 in November and already announced he wants to go back to Disney (we were just there this past Nov and just return two days ago). Yes, he is an addict!

I know his favorite restaurant is Fultons - so I will make sure we an ADR for his birthday night. (if you husband likes sports - you can also go the ESPN club - great place to watch a game)

You can pack and then ship something to your resort. Go the post office - they have Flat Rate priority boxes which are good size. All you can ship no matter the weight for less than $9.00

We celebrated my daughters 2nd birthday this weekend while there. The resort delivered balloons and a personalized card and pic from Minnie and Mickey. Not sure if they will do for a 40 YO - but you can always ask!

I feel like I can make some firm plans now! Appreciate all the ideas!
3 weeks until we leave YEAHHH!

here's what you do....I am also travelling to disney with my family for my 40th.

Have t-shirts made up with a disney theme that says dad (or hubby) is 40. the whole family wears them. add mickey ears to really embarrass him. Put "I am 40 today" on his.

Do it at home, very cheap - he (and kids) will remember it for ever.

We aren't traveling ON DH's birthday but we are going to be there for his birthday. That night we are going to the Coral Reef for dinner and I was able to arrange getting a diver to come down with the birthday sign and a special personalized menu for him (they do this complimentary at the Coral Reef). Plus, I ordered a special birthday cake for him that will arrive at the end of the meal. I think that they will drop a cake off to your room too if you'd rather take it easy your first night there.

I'm making shirts for our trip as well - not anything that says that it's his birthday (we'll be getting the pin for that!) but just as a surprise! It's the stick figure family with the mickey ears that I've seen on these boards. :)

Have a great time!

DH turned 40 last December. I wanted to have a party for him, but with school and the slow work winter, I was short on cash. Instead, when we are at WDW in March he will be parasailing at the Contemporary. I made a gift certificate and gave it to him for his birthday.

He can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter