Traveling on Christmas Day

orrnluvswdw

Earning My Ears
Hope someone can help me here!! I'm taking my nephews to "the Greatest Place on Earth" (we all know where it is) for New Year's Eve. We're planning on leaving Christmas day! What do you all think about traveling on this day as far as places being open? Like eating establishments, gas stations, hotels, etc. I'm driving from Indiana. Anyone traveled on Christmas day to Disney World???

This is a very spur of the moment trip! We've kinda had a bad year here & needed a good ending to this year. So, I'm springing for this trip for everyone. I'm also taking my parents! They need to relax more :D

I've just never traveled on Christmas day before - at least this far! HELP! :earseek:

Hotels would be open, you may have trouble finding a gas station open. I am sure close to the interstate something would be open. Restaurants would probably be closed.

I used to travel from Knoxville to Atlanta every Christmas day. We were always able to find open gas stations.

Thanks everyone for your replys :wave:

I searched on the 'net & then called some of the larger chains of gas stations. Flying J & Speedway says they are opened 24/7 365 days! :cheer2: :cheer2: Guess who's gettin' my business :wave:

Here's to the long haul!! :moped: :earboy2:

They are open because they are truck stops and truckers work often have to work on Christmas depending on what they haul. I would suggest if you can't find a flying A or Speeday you look for signs that say they are a truck stop...you will probably find them open and the resturant open also. TA travelcenters of American is a biggie and has a website that you can look up where they are.

Also, more gas stations will re-open later in the day on Christmas. So if you start out on a full tank you should have more options when it comes time to full up.

Wow-great post! I hadnt even thought about what would be open that day. We too are driving to Port Canaveral for a cruise on Christmas. Anyone know if McDonalds would be open along the interstates? I might just pack some sandwiches just to be safe! I think even if gas stations are closed sometimes you can get gas if you pay by credit card at the pump. Is this the case?? Thanks!

alison

And to top it all off traffic will be light!!!! Pretty much a few travellers and some trucks.....but overall nobody. We once drove from Jacksonville to Birmingham Christmas morning and for about 2 hours we saw maybe one truck on I-10. Most of the big truck stops were open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter