• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling from NJ to disney by car

DisceyMomofC&A

Earning My Ears
We will be traveling from Southern New Jersey to Orlando next week and we have decide that we want to split it into 2 days. We have a 6 and 2 year old and would like to do the long leg of the journey the first day. We are thinking of stopping in the middle of Georgia or beginning of Florida. the problem is I know nothing about the areas off I-95 in Georgia and Florida. I would like to stay somewhere clean and safe. If anyone has taken this route before and has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.
Dis Mom

Daytona, Fl as soon as you get off at that exit there is a LaQuinta Inn which my husband and I stopped at on our way to orlando = was very nice but we also wanted to stay at St. Augustine but I decided to drive alittle further.... Also check out this....

The Mill House Restaurant is attached to the new Holiday Inn located just of I-95 at Exit 38 in Brunswick, Georgia.

I have heard that this place is pretty good too :cool1:

I drive from central NJ every year, and if you are going to drive that far, why not all the way? We leave at night so this way the children can sleep, and we stop at the beginning of FL for breakfast we get there about 7 am and we stretch etc. WDW is about a few more hours from there. I was just wondering why you wouldn't just finish the trip from there. We allow them at least an hour or two to get out of the car and play etc, we get there by noon.

We plan on driving through from Staten Island. It's not really that bad. Last year we made reservations at the first exit in Georgia. Well we got there and DH said he felt fine to drive straight to Disney. So I cancelled the ressie and made one at Pop for the night.

This trip the plan will be:
Pick up DS from school at 11:30. Come home so he can change, have lunch and leave. We'll stop for dinner and then drive through the morning. The kids will have movies to keep them busy and I will help drive a little.

But if you want to stay overnight I recommend Comfort Inn Savannah- I95 north I think it was. We stayed there the first time we drove down and my parents were nervous about us driving so they made us promise we would stop. Nice hotel clean and breakfsat included.

If you are going to drive that far you might as well..... :fish: Just keep drivin, just keep drivin, drivin, drivin, just keep drivin :fish: and before you know it you will be there... we are driving this year ourselves as a matter of fact we leave June 30th. can't wait ... this year we have 4 drivers. Have a great trip and a wonderful time at WDW.

Brunswick GA is a good place to stop..clean and lots of hotels and restaurants

Athough we travel at night, that doesn't mean DS10 and DD2 sleep the ENTIRE time. We actually bring DS's Playstation 2, it doubles as a DVD player, and game system. We also bring the DVD player/TV with a bunch of movies. Once in the room, we hook up the PS2 to the TV during down time in the room.

We are in central jersey also, but have never driven. Always fly!...2 1/2 hours on a plane is enough for me. I give all of you alot of credit to drive with kids.... :thumbsup2

We have also stopped at Brunswick GA. When the kids where smaller we liked the two day trip. Left early in the morning 4am or so and by dinner we stopped for the night. Next day slept till 7 or 8am, had a nice breakfast and late morning/early afternoon the driving was done.

Oh yea.. jersey shore was the starting point

Ok first of all you are traveling with children from NJ and want to drive to the begining of Florida!!!! Why not break it up and travel the 1st day to the Carolinas we always drive from New York to North Carolina the 1st day .I dont know about you but my kids cant take anymore the 13or14 hrs in the car.
It is nice to go halfway and break it up a little bit we always find a nice hotel with a pool so the kids can go swimming and relax a little before we finish the drive to Disney. Then we are not all exhusted and grumpy. Good luck! :cool1:

I'm from Delaware (I have three kids: 13, 5, and 2) and when we drive, we sometimes spend the night in Rocky Mount, NC (or Dillon, SC--if we are feeling adventurous!) I agree with DisneyMark06; consider stopping in one of the Carolinas!

Good luck, though! :)

We live in Philly and usually leave around 2am. We drive until we hit Kingsland, GA (approx 5pm) which is 3 miles outside the Florida border. There are about 6 hotels at the exit. We usually stay at the Best Western. There is a Chik-Fil-A with an indoor playground right across the parking lot. We have been driving down since DD was about 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter