• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling from HS to MK, timing

drcmk

DIS Veteran
We are spending Tuesday morning at HS, with FP+ at 9:20-10:20 (Star Tours) and 10:20-11:20 (Toy Story). We have an ADR at BOG at 12:25. What time should I leave HS to get to lunch on time?

Thank you.

For 12:25, I'd want to be there and checking in to the restaurant by about 12 or 12:10. So working things backwards

-12 restaurant
-20 min from parking to through the entrance of MK 11:40
-about a 10 min drive from HS 11:30

Cutting it close would be heading there at 11:30. So I would use the Toy Story fast pass and then head out by 11 just in case. That should be plenty of time

Sorry. I ought to have mentioned that we will be taking Disney busses. You check in 25 minutes before your ADR? Is that for any restaurant or just BOG?

Sorry. I ought to have mentioned that we will be taking Disney busses. You check in 25 minutes before your ADR? Is that for any restaurant or just BOG?

You do not by any means need to check in 25 minutes before your ADR.

Using Disney transportation, I would be heading out no later than 11:15.

I always allow an hour when traveling via bus to get to my destination.

Ditto. Always plan on an hour by Disney transportation. That includes the time waiting at the bus stop at HS until you are in MK.

We likely had bad luck, but we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to MK from HS one day, and there were people waiting much longer than we did.

Using Disney buses I'd give a little bit longer vs driving yourself. I'd still head out by about 11 to wait for the MK bus at HS. The bus could pull up right when you get there or you could wait 30 minutes for it. And no telling how many people might be in front of you. So definitely allow enough time for the transportation.

And as for checking in, you can get there right when it's time for your reservation, but then you'll more than likely be waiting to be seated. We were there a couple weeks ago and checked into a Crystal Palace reservation about 30 min ahead of our time. It was a huge line but we managed to get seated after about waiting 20 minutes, so slightly ahead of our scheduled time.

A lot people showed up after we checked in with reservations as well. So we were seated before them. I'd rather check in a little early and be seated at or before my reservation time instead of checking in right at the time then waiting to be seated. But of course you don't have to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter