Traveling between Animal Kingdom and Epcot

Nafinegar

Mouseketeer
We are planning a day at Animal Kingdom and then dinner at Tutto Italia at 5:45pm (Candlelight Processional with Whopi Goldberg so there may be some additional crowds.)

We would like to maximize our time in Animal Kingdom. What's the best way to get to Epcot? We won't have a car, but we are open to cabs (there are 7 of us) if that would be quicker.

What time should we leave AK?

Thanks!

We are planning a day at Animal Kingdom and then dinner at Tutto Italia at 5:45pm (Candlelight Processional with Whopi Goldberg so there may be some additional crowds.)

We would like to maximize our time in Animal Kingdom. What's the best way to get to Epcot? We won't have a car, but we are open to cabs (there are 7 of us) if that would be quicker.

What time should we leave AK?

Thanks!

I would take the bus to the Beach Club and enter Epcot through the International Gateway. I would leave AK by 3:45.

Busses run between parks! A cab may get you there a little quicker but the cost to save a few minutes I do not think would be worth your money. I do agree that you should allow about 1hr.

The best way to maximize your time at AK is to take a taxi to the Beach Club and enter Epcot through the International Gateway. I would allow 45 minutes to an hour.

If you go by bus, Disney recommends 90 minutes for travel time between points. One of the most time consuming trips we had was from AK to the Beach Club. We absolutely needed the full 90 minutes to get to our reservation in the World Showcase. Next time I am going to allow 2 hours by bus!

The bus stop at AK is not exactly at the exit. And the bus will likely make stops before getting to BC.
Once you get to BC you still have a 20-25 min walk to Italy.

Even if I had a car I would allow a min of an hour for that trip.

Bus to BC is definitely the better option, than the bus to EPCOT, and I agree with DebbieB allow 2 hours from exiting AK to Arrival at Tutto Italia, the worst that could happen is you arrive 15-20 min early. Better than stressing you will be late.
Taxi to BC by far the fastest, probably 45 min as Purple Figment said. Cost approx $15-$20, but you might need two cabs with 7 people, if there are no van cab to be had.
Hope all goes well.

You could take the bus from Animal Kingdom to the Ticket and Transportation Center, then get on the monorail to Epcot. Or, take the bus to Beach Club or Boardwalk and walk in the rear entrance to Epcot. I think the latter would be best time wise.

The bus stop at AK is not exactly at the exit.
It's pretty close though.
And the bus will likely make stops before getting to BC.
Correct, it's the 4th of 5 stops.
Bus to BC is definitely the better option, than the bus to EPCOT.
The AK to Epcot bus is a direct bus, but it's a long walk to the restaurant. The AK to BC bus has multiple stops, but you're closer to the restaurant. Pros & Cons to both.
Taxi to BC by far the fastest
Absolutely
you might need two cabs with 7 people if there are no van cabs to be had.
If that's the case, request that they call one in from a nearby location if you all want to be in the same cab, less expensive too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter