Travel with 2 1/2 and 15 mos.-Just returned

disney4mykids

Earning My Ears
Just returned from a wonderful trip to Disney World.........I would like to give some tips that may help someone somewhere out.....

-The day that we arrived it was late, so we had dinner at Chef Mickeys and then watched the Fireworks from the top of the Contemporary. I bought an autograph book right away....cost is not too bad....$6.00.

-I brought some blankets(recieving) from home so the kids could snuggle with them at night.

-We did breakfast and lunch(non-park days) in the room. We bought a large cooler and we were able to keep juice, lunchables, fruit in the room. Also had various snacks.

-I brought coloring books,crayons,magna doodles, all types of toys to keep the kids occuppied. There were some evening that they were "pooped" and just not up to doing anything at night. They played in the room....this was fine. DH went to the pool for a swim and I was able to just sit and rest.

-We went to Fort Wilderness one night and spent time at the campfire/sing along with Chip and Dale. Great night for the kids....They show a Disney movie on a large screen outside and my DD has never seen a movie on a big screen. You can buy marshmellows, hershey bars and graham crackers at the general store.

-I bough powdered Gator-Ade and was able to refill Gator Ade bottles for the kids. This was wonderful to keep them hydrated.

-Bought souvenirs at the outlet store-Character Corner. But remember to bring your strollers to contain your little ones!!

-i did let my DD wear her Cinderella dress to dinner one night. It was wonderful!!! Every one bowed to her and called her "your highness". Just remember to bring a change of close with you.

-Spent one night at the Boardwalk, it was very nice and the kids had a ball in front of those funny mirrors that make you look real fat or real little.

-The food at the food Court-Riverside aka Dixie Landings was good and rather reasonable. The kids were able to split a meal. And I was suprised that the cost was not out of this world.

-Use fast pass......My DD had a hard time understanding the "you have to wait your turn" idea.

-We were at the "tea cup" ride about 9:20 am and the characters were all there hanging out. Mickey,Minnie,Goofey,Pooh,Piglet,Eyeore,Cindy's mice...the lines were not long at all to see them either.

-Make sure you get a good seat for the 3:00 parade....wonderful character interaction!!!!

-Make PS for Crystal Palace....the food was rather good and it was nice and cool. Pooh,piglet,Tigger are wonderful.

-I read to bring little bottles of bubbles in my back pack-the kids loved to blow the bubble while we waited in line.

-downtown Disney was a nice evening activity....kids were able to hit McDonalds and DD loved the Legos.

-Get some toys for the pool if you have little ones. If you forget, go to lunch at the Beach Club....kid's meals come in Bucket!!

-Make a list of the things that you want to do.

-We rented a car even though we stayed on site.....it was easier then hauling the kids and strollers on the buses. I wish that I would have stayed at resort on the mono-rail line.

-Have a great time.....I can't wait to go again.

Thanks for posting-We'll be taking our 16 mo old in a few weeks and I can definitely use the tips!

I really like the idea of bringing a bubble bottle to blow bubbles while waiting in line. My little one is a bubbleholic;) Thanks for all the tips.:p :p

My hubby and I have been to WDW 3x in the past 8 years but not once did we have children. Now we do and we have no CLUE what to expect to be able to do with him. He'll be 2 1/2 by the time we go. I know that is obviously too little for rides or is it...ie: the Pooh ride? We were worried that he was going to be too young to go but it will be a trip for our 10th anniversary and we couldn't bear to leave him home while we flew off to Vegas. Besides...we were getting WDW fever as it's been 1 1/2 years since we've been. Tell me how your children liked it? I remember when we went a efw years ago, the characters sometimes (not intentionally) scared little kids...but I was not a mom then and I couldn't even begin to guess what ages they were.

I'd just appreciate any tips you'd have for us going to WDW for the first time WITH a child. Won't be the last you can bet. :)

Thanks!

I will try to update details at home for you. I am at work now......When do you leave so I can get them to you in time?

Hopefully, I can help!!!

Lisa

I could e-mail if I had your address.

We took our DS, now six, at 2 3/4 of age. He had a great time and so did we. We went again when he was 4 and just this past Marchwhen he was six. Deprived child.

What's fun at this stage is that they notice/enjoy different things at different ages. He doesn't seem to remember much from the first trip, but I have the pictures and the memories. Big hits on that trip were playground at MGM, Dumbo, the maze and train at Epcot. Second trip was Test Track (the kid has no fear). This past visit, we went to Blizzard Beach and Disney Quest and we had to drag him out of both. He also was really into the Buzz ride, Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. I don't know what's going to WOW him in a few years.

Just get a stroller and take it in baby steps. FYI people who have brought their big expensive strollers from home have had them stolen on occasion. We rented one for e-night and had put our rain ponchos in it. After getting off Orbiter, we couldn't find it. My DH saw a lady nearby with the flap down covering up the name and hiding the storage slot. He went right up to her pulled back the flap (brazen) and guess what, it was our stroller. She gave us some lame excuse about her's being stolen. It was obviously deliberate. I just blew her off, but DH wanted to lay into her. The nerve of some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter