Travel Router on Sale

Dean

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
For those who are interested in a Travel Router, NewEgg has the Trendnet N travel router on sale for $25 with free shipping. I think it's only a 3 day sale. If anyone is interested, there's a coupon code to get the additional savings. I doubt that DIS would allow the code to be posted but I can send it to anyone who emails me. Here's the Link The discount code should be listed but it's EMCNFND76. You have to enter it on the check out page and you have to register to enter it I believe. This is the option I prefer for travel and I have an ASUS, Trendnet, D-Link and Apple Airport express. However, if anyone needs a wireless repeater, the ASUS is the best choice as I believe it's the only one with this function. All of the units I have will work as a router, wireless access point (turns wired into wireless) and all will work as a client (makes a given option wireless that has an ethernet connection).

Since Disney is disconnecting the wired internet access, it won't help us much at WDW.

:earsboy: Bill

Since Disney is disconnecting the wired internet access, it won't help us much at WDW.

:earsboy: Bill
I'm aware of the change but it's been often discussed so I thought some might have some interest.

I love my Trendnet travel router. At that price, I wish I needed another one! I learned about it on these boards about a year ago and have used it primarily at WDW. It worked well at BWV 4 weeks ago and I'm taking it with in eight weeks, just in case I can get it to work at Jambo and BLT.

I love my Trendnet travel router. At that price, I wish I needed another one! I learned about it on these boards about a year ago and have used it primarily at WDW. It worked well at BWV 4 weeks ago and I'm taking it with in eight weeks, just in case I can get it to work at Jambo and BLT.
We used ours at OKW a month ago when the wireless didn't work (and in the hotel we stayed on the way) and in Panama City a month before that. I ordered a spare due to the price. I had given my D link (g not n) to my SIL so I may swap back with him and keep the g as a spare.

Ironically, I was going to buy an Apple Airport Express tomorrow so this is perfect timing! I can't get over what a great deal this is and free 2 day shipping as well! :thumbsup2.

Ironically, I was going to buy an Apple Airport Express tomorrow so this is perfect timing! I can't get over what a great deal this is and free 2 day shipping as well! :thumbsup2.
Wow, that's great. Ironically they also have a wireless access point for a few $$ less than the router I posted and I just bought the ASUS I mentioned above a week ago to use as a wireless access point. I bought it used off amazon for around $10 more than this unit would be. I've got to quit looking at their emails, they often have deals that are too good to pass up.

Most of the hotels now offer wifi instead of wired anyway... that would explain the price drop for those travel routers.

Thanks for the info!

Looks like I found it too late, but I appreciate you sharing it. While Disney is going wireless, we do travel to other areas, and not all are wireless. For this price, I would have purchased.

Thanks again!

Sheri

Thanks for the info!

Looks like I found it too late, but I appreciate you sharing it. While Disney is going wireless, we do travel to other areas, and not all are wireless. For this price, I would have purchased.

Thanks again!

Sheri
Keep an eye on NewEgg as they tend to rotate their sales somewhat. Also keep an eye on Amazon for a used one.

Most of the hotels now offer wifi instead of wired anyway... that would explain the price drop for those travel routers.
I've used it in 3 timeshares and a hotel in the last 6 months so I'll still travel with it. If we fly, I investigate the options. For example, I'm pretty sure that all our options for HI have wireless and for free but I'll make sure before our trip.

I keep one around for those rare hotels that have wired and not wireless or that have both but where the wireless is unreliable or slow.

Some of the expensive chains that charge for internet have started charging *per device*!!! In these cases using the wired connection and then connecting up my computer, iPad, iPhone and BlackBerry off of that connection saves a lot of money.

I hear there are routers that will connect to the hotel WiFi and then offer connections on a separate channel. It's like a wired to wifi router but it's a wifi to wifi router. This is slightly different from a wifi extender and can save you the multiple device charge. It won't help with the problem of throttling that someone earlier in the slow wifi mentioned. For that I might have to get myself a Verizon 4G iPad.

thanks for the info.

the DVC resorts all have wireless now? we are staying at THV in may and DH will probably need to do a couple of hours of work most days. will he need the router?

thanks for the info.

the DVC resorts all have wireless now? we are staying at THV in may and DH will probably need to do a couple of hours of work most days. will he need the router?

Disney WiFi worked great at THV in Jan 2012. I had brought but didn't even use our travel router.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter