Travel Logistics

crista

Earning My Ears
We are going to be traveling from Chicago to Nagoya. Staying in Nagoya for 3 days then heading to Toyko Disney on our way home. I'm not sure whether to fly from Chicago to Tokyo and take the bullet train to Nagoya and the same on the way back or to fly both ways. I am looking for the fastest way since this is a business trip and we need to be back quickly. It looks like the flight from Tokyo to Nagoya is about an hour and the bullet train takes the same time and costs about $100. All help is grately appreciated. Thanks again to everyone.:thumbsup2

We are going to be traveling from Chicago to Nagoya. Staying in Nagoya for 3 days then heading to Toyko Disney on our way home. I'm not sure whether to fly from Chicago to Tokyo and take the bullet train to Nagoya and the same on the way back or to fly both ways. I am looking for the fastest way since this is a business trip and we need to be back quickly. It looks like the flight from Tokyo to Nagoya is about an hour and the bullet train takes the same time and costs about $100. All help is grately appreciated. Thanks again to everyone.:thumbsup2

For starters, don't forget that there are two Tokyo airports; most international flights arrive at Narita, and most domestic flights at Haneda. But there are some domestic flights at Narita, and you can connect to a Nagoya flight from a Chicago flight (double-check your booking - you don't want to have to change airports).

Taking the train might save you time if the connecting time at Narita is lengthy, but it will require a connection at Tokyo station. Also, I think you underestimate the time the train will take - the Narita Express takes about an hour, and the shinkansen (bullet train) to Nagoya takes up to two hours.

Also, don't forget that Delta offers nonstop flights from Detroit to Nagoya; you may be better off flying from Chicago to Detroit at the start of your trip than figuring out how to get from Tokyo to Nagoya.

In regard to getting from Nagoya to Tokyo Disney:
  • If you take the train to Tokyo, you only need to change trains once, but the walk between the main section of Tokyo station and the Keiyo line is nearly a kilometer - no fun at all if you have luggage.
  • If you fly, you probably will want to go to Haneda, not Narita, since it is much closer to Tokyo Disney (and central Tokyo generally). There is a direct bus to Tokyo Disney (http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/english/plan/access/haneda_bus.html).
  • You can also get between Haneda and Tokyo Disney by subway/train, but it will require two changes (Tokyo Monorail to Tennozu Isle, Rinkai line to Shin-Kiba, Keiyo line to Maihama).

There also is bus service between Tokyo Disney and Narita (http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/english/plan/access/narita_time.html) when it's time to head back to the U.S.

Thank you very much. The info will help a lot. This is so much to think about for this trip but I'm having a blast. Just a bit scary :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter