Travel Insurance?

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
Our trip is 2 weeks from today and I just realized we need travel medical insurance! I am nervous about it since we are travelling with a toddler. Would love to get a plan where it pays up front, rather than reimbursing payments. Any suggestions?

Do you have CAA?
if not Allianz travel insurance
Rbc also I believe still does it
Do not go without it . I lived in the USA I’ve seen medical bills , and even if you didn’t have the toddler an uneven sidewalk and twisted ankle could cost thousands .. not worth the risk

Do you have CAA?
if not Allianz travel insurance
Rbc also I believe still does it
Do not go without it . I lived in the USA I’ve seen medical bills , and even if you didn’t have the toddler an uneven sidewalk and twisted ankle could cost thousands .. not worth the risk
Thanks got some through CAA.

RBC Pays up front as long as you go to one of their in-system providers. I have had to make claims with RBC several times on different trips, and only once paid out of pocket (when I chose to go to the doctor on the resort in Mexico rather than take a 30 minute cab ride to the hospital), and I was reimbursed within 2 weeks. In Florida, on our last trip to WDW, I had to make a claim and they paid the hospital directly.

we always get CAA and for the first time in decades we actually had to use it last trip. The entire process was seamless and really easy! I came down with the flu, complete with ear and sinus infections 2 days before we were to fly home. The front desk recommended a local clinic (forget the actual name but it's the one the CM use), we called and they sent a shuttle to pick us up, dropped us off, we handed all the paperwork to the clerk and we waited maybe 5 minutes to see the doctor. They called the shuttle while we finished the paperwork and they got my 2 scripts ready. The only thing we paid was a 2.00 dispensing fee, period! When we got back to our resort we called Turner Drugs to get some throat spray and ear drops. They delivered it to the front desk and when we got back to our room after eating supper it was in the room. That bill was just added to our room charge! When we got home we just submitted the paperwork to the insurance company and that was all. Like I said, easy peasy!

If you have a PC Elite Mastercard you have travel insurance.

Alot of credit cards have this insurance (RBC Westjet MC or Avion, for example), but typically you pay up front and then have to process a claim. They also tend not to cover quite as much. Best to read the details in your credit card agreement.

I buy a years worth through CAA. Wife has something through a credit card. For some reason I don’t trust that as much.

I never trusted the credit card medical. ive always bought Blue Cross. If you go to a hospital they pay, if you go to a clinic you pay and submit for reimbursement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter