Travel insurance

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
I am going to pay off our cruise in the next couple days. When I booked I told DCL to add the insurance but now I am thinking I would like to consider another carrier. My questions are:

Is this just a matter of telling DCL to drop the insurance from my price and pay the new balance?

I did not buy travel insurance when we first booked b/c I knew there would be a possibility our plans might have to change and I didn't want to lose the insurance premium if we did change plans..I can still buy travel insurance through another carrier even if I booked this back in December, can't I? I know I won't get the pre-existing coverage, but other than that are there any problems doing this? Should I buy the insurance before or after I pay off the cruise?

Anyone use Travlex Deluxe? I see Travelex has an A+ rating on insure my trip so I am leaning towards them.

If you buy the insurance from CSA (the "Luxe" policy) or HTH Worldwide - they will cover pre-existing conditions as long as you purchase the insurance within 24 hours of making your final trip payment.

If you don't care about having pre-existing conditions covered, Travelex does have two good policies, and they cover kids under 16 for free.

Yes, you can just call DCL and tell them you want to cancel the insurance before you pay the balance in full and it will be deducted from your balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter