• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel insurance when using DVC Pts.

dvcer57

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used travel insurance other then what DVC offers? If so did you use the point value to figure out value or estimate cost of cruise to get coverage amount? Bill

The problem is that most companies won't cover the cost of points at all. You can buy coverage that will do things like lost luggage, medical, trip interruption, etc. but if you try to make a claim on the "cost" of the cruise it will frequently only repay the $95 that you paid for the reservation fee. The coverage that DVC offers is also not the best; they will insure you for $5 per point. That barely covers the cost of the dues at some resorts. At least that's what I found when I researched it.

The problem is that most companies won't cover the cost of points at all. You can buy coverage that will do things like lost luggage, medical, trip interruption, etc. but if you try to make a claim on the "cost" of the cruise it will frequently only repay the $95 that you paid for the reservation fee. The coverage that DVC offers is also not the best; they will insure you for $5 per point. That barely covers the cost of the dues at some resorts. At least that's what I found when I researched it.

Thanks for the info I knew DVC's insurance is not very good guess i will have to keep looking. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter