Travel insurance for pre existing medical conditions

You could try StaySure, they do over 50's insurance and cover pre exising medical conditions, got a quote for my DM and it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else we tried :thumbsup2

You could try StaySure, they do over 50's insurance and cover pre exising medical conditions, got a quote for my DM and it was a lot cheaper than anywhere else we tried :thumbsup2

I also use them and as you say, much cheaper than others I tried.

You will really struggle at that age & medical conditions. Let us know if you find anywhere. Last time my DMIL went with us it cost her more for her insurance than the flight. I believe it was age concern she used.

You will really struggle at that age & medical conditions. Let us know if you find anywhere. Last time my DMIL went with us it cost her more for her insurance than the flight. I believe it was age concern she used.

Wayne,

You're so right.
Most companies won't even consider her (even though she has less medical issues than me)
It clearly comes down to the risk involved due to age...

One of the actual quotes I've managed to get was nearly double our flight costs:chat:

Saga covers pre existing conditions with no upper age limit, but not sure on prices. We too used age concern but it was a few years ago now.

I've found 4 companies which will insure her and around £700-900ish for the week.
And yes, nearly double the cost of her flight-not double the cost of all our flights though -on the positive side!

Do you think I should simply choose one of these -I feel I'm insuranced out!

Trouble is it's all upto you. With other things like hotels, car rental etc we can all use Google & help searching for better prices but with Travel insurance its such an individual thing, there isn't anything we can do to assist.
It does sound a lot of money but I have had customers in my shop telling me they have had quotes of £2,500 (they didn't go in the end) so £700 might be a good price for all we know.

Again-you are correct Wayne

At the end of the day is personal choice...
One of the quotes was nearly £3k-which blew my mind...

She's really excited for the May trip-so need to just make the decision and hope it's the right one.

It depends on what the insurance will cover. If it is just to cover the cancelation fees and penalties, you will know what those amounts total and can make a decision on whether paying them will cost more or less than the insurance. However, if the insurance also covers medical and repatriation, it is really hard to judge what those costs may be if you ever needed them but chances are the costs would be much higher than the insurance.

My mum is insured through her bank, she is 84 with medical conditions.
We looked high and low and it was hard work.
I really hope you get a decent deal.they are out there you just have to search.

85 was tricky enough last year...

86 is a whole other ballgame :crazy2:

Dh needs to ring 4 more and then we re simply choosing from one of the expensive policies
Whilst I understand age is obviously a big risk factor -
She's not awaiting any results
Not travelling against medical advice
And health issues are all under control

Eventually fixed up with saga for dmil.

Just over £600 for 1 week-so more than 1 flight cost; but not all of our flights!!!

Don't know if it's any help now but we got insurance with Eurotunnel (have to ring them - can't do it online). They were cheaper than Staysure and their only stipulation was that given your pre existing conditions your doctor has not said you are unsafe to travel.

Not too bad compared to some quotes then. Glad you got it sorted.

One suggested policy was £3700-
And another offers insurance for 115 year olds-I wonder what their quotes would be...

I'm happy we're sorted also-time to plan now.

Don't know if it's any help now but we got insurance with Eurotunnel (have to ring them - can't do it online). They were cheaper than Staysure and their only stipulation was that given your pre existing conditions your doctor has not said you are unsafe to travel.

i had thought that Eurotunnel would perhaps be where we would look for Travel Insurance this year as TonyToon has hit a bit of a bump health wise over the past 18 months or so. Looks like they no longer off this policy. Shame as Id read great things about it in the past.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter