• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

travel from mk to epcot???

renaibr

Earning My Ears
hi ! we will be at MK on sat 12/3
and wanted to visit epcot in the morning to ride
soarin.
are we able to take the monorail to the TTC and
switch ? also if we return to MK in the pm and it is crowded
do they ever close the parks?
thanks

hi,

Yes, you can take the MK monorail to the TTC and switch to the Epcot monorail. Just reverse it to get back.

You won't have to worry about the parks being closed due to crowds on December 3. If that ever happens, it is usually on Christmas, New Year's Eve, and July 4.

You will not see a park close due to crowds in early December (that is a Christmas or Easter time or July 4 problem). It is a fairly easy two monorail trip from MK to Epcot (one to the TTC and the other from there to Epcot). You can head over in the morning to do Soarin but be aware that particular ride, because it is new, has a long line (e.g., an hour even in slow seasons).

Yes, you can take the monorail at MK and transfer at TTC to go to Epcot.

I've only ever seen the monorails packed at park closing.

The parks are open 365 days a year, they've only ever closed for huricanes (2 or 3 times in 30 plus years) and on 9/11. They can close to newly arriving guests if the park is full, but that only happens on Christmas Day and July 4 and other holidays for the most part. You can check the speific operating hours for the date and park you want on disneyworld.com, just click on "calendar". It only goes out about 2 months in advance though.

Yes you can take the monorail to the TTC and switch to the Epcot monorail. It depends on the time of year whether or not you need to worry about the park closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter