Travel Clothesline

Tigger7570

Happiness is OKW
Hi:
Does anyone know where I can get a travel clothesline? I've looked at Target, but no luck. Thanks for the help.

Thanks peanutgirl, but the AAA offices in my area don't sell any items of any kind.

I get a room with balcony. I bring a thin rope and a bungee cord.
Depending on the setup of the balcony, I string one of them across the balcony railing and or chairs.
We use it to dry out bathing suits.
Personal items and clothes are done at the washing machines at the resort.
DH is so nice to get up at 5:30 AM and do laundry. He is back to our room by 7:30 AM for breakfast, and then onto a Park.
When we return from the Park - I get to fold and place the clothes back into the draws.

A bungee cord may work in the bathroom or over the tub.
But I would not leave personal items drying anywhere in the room, while the maid service comes in to clean. Not very polite. One exception - wet sneakers to dry out during the day for use the next day. Caveat - bring 2 pairs of sneakers with you :)

Thanks Pooh2001. I should have been more specific. We're staying at our OKW condo. Normally, we don't have to worry because we can lay the suits over the side of the jacuzzi to dry and we have a washer and dryer in the condo. But this time there are six of us and I was looking for an alternative way to dry the bathing suits. But, it's no big deal. I thought I had read on the boards that someone had used one and I was going to check it out.

I got mine in a bin at the Home Depot last year. I think I paid $2.00 for it...
I was surprised they had them, but I bought one on the spot.

HTH! :wave:
Mel

did you check the camping section??? I got one years ago a bungee cord with clothes pins attached. i think we got it in the camping section. good luck :goodvibes

I think I bought one at Walmart - where the hangers and closet organizers are located. It's one that has to be mounted though.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I did check the camping section at Target, but no luck. I'm going to Walmart this week and I'll also stop by Home Depot. Again, thanks for the help.

We always stay at the value resorts and they always have them at the top of the tub.. You just have to pull one end then connect to the base on the other side..Wal-Mart should have something like that for travel..

There's a couple of options.

www.campmor.com should have something that will work if you have time to order on-line. Some of the sporting goods/camping stores might also have one.

Or, you could make your own. Heavy string or light twine and some clothes pins or clips of other kinds (large binder clips work well) are really all you need, if you have somewhere you can tie it (far end of the shower curtain rod to the shower head usually works well). Another option is to use hangers and hang things on the shower curtain rod.
Or, if things aren't dripping wet, they can be hung (again from hangers) on the closet rod in the hotel.

I agree with checking at camping/sporting goods store....I just found mine at our Coleman store for less than $2.

I have seen these at several places, including the camping sections of Target & Wal Mart. We also have a Samsonite outlet store nearby, which has them. Also the camping/adventure store REI. I know they have a website too.

Again, thank you for the great tips. I hope to get to several of these stores by the end of the week. I'll let you know how I make out. Again, thank you.

IIRC aren't there retracting clotheslines in the bathrooms over the tubs? I'm certain we used it after swimming when we were at AS/Sp last year.

We don't have retracting clotheslines in the two bedroom condo at OKW. That's why I thought a travel clotheline may work out for us with all the bathing suits. That's the only thing I really need it for because we have a washer and dryer for the rest of the clothes. Thanks again.

solferino said:
IIRC aren't there retracting clotheslines in the bathrooms over the tubs? I'm certain we used it after swimming when we were at AS/Sp last year.

Yes, all the hotels we've stayed at at WDW have had retractable clotheslines in the tub... funny how many people don't know that they're there!!

OT... :wave2: hi solferino!

Tigger7570 said:
We don't have retracting clotheslines in the two bedroom condo at OKW. That's why I thought a travel clotheline may work out for us with all the bathing suits. That's the only thing I really need it for because we have a washer and dryer for the rest of the clothes. Thanks again.

Tigger7570, do you know if that's true of all the 2 bedrooms? We're staying in a 2 bedroom at SSR next May, and definitely will need a clothesline for (like you said) all the bathing suits!

In the past we've brought some of those suction cup plastic shower hooks with us. You can get a three pack for $1.00. We hang up wet bathing suits on those...

HTH!
Mel :flower:

Hi jenny2: I don't know about SSR, but if you go to the DVC Boards, someone there will definitely know. I'm guessing that they are all the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter