Travel City Direct & other questions

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
This may of been posted elsewhere im not sure....

Just got a quote from them, very good quote infact cheaper than most places. Just wondering are they any good?

Ive decided to go with my friend in June 2008 and she wants to book it next weekend so obv shes left it up to me to get the quotes. She wont be happy if travel city direct turn out to be rubbish lol.

God knows how im gonna afford DLRP in Jan then WDW in June 2008 luckily shes paying for the WDW trip lol im poor.

Also advice on spending money, im not planning on buying much in WDW etc Do you think $1000 is enought for a 2 week holiday for me and a 2 year old. Obv making sure we have money to eat is my proir concern not buying the whole of florida lol.

Any advice would be greatful

Hi,

It's a shame you have to book so soon as there are quite a few dissers that are currently in or about to travel to WDW with TCD (me included) that could probably give you some feedback, but not by next weekend. As far as I can tell, they are as reliable as any other airline but nothing too fancy. We've never used them before either.

Regarding your spending money, its really difficult to say what you may need as everyone is different and it also depends if you need to purchase your park passes from this. You can eat cheaply and the portions are so big you can always share, it's all the other bits and pieces you see when you are out and about that add up!!

Happy planning!

Hi

I have been with TCD twice now and each time things have gone badly wrong. Don't let it put you off though as my daughter has travelled with them quite a few times and things have been fine. Try to shop around a bit more - I heard last week that a Virgin holiday in Sept 08 was only about £20 more per person - I haven't checked this though. Good luck with whatever you choose.

As for money, it is really hard to tell if $1000 will be sufficient. Parks can be quite expensive if you buy on the day (last year I think we paid about $71 each per park) but food is really inexpensive. Its all the little extras that cost!!!

Half of the fun is planning your holiday.

I know what you mean im a sucker for tacky sovineurs lol.

Im buying a day pass to seaworld out there aquatica so that would be out of my spending money.

im planning to share my meals with my daughter, last time i went 3 bits from my burger filled me up lol.

I have a feeling TCD will be a bit crap seeing as there low priced quotes. But as long as the plane is safe i guess its better than nothing lol

Hiya
I went with virign nov 04 and thought they were great but then went with Travel City Direct in Jan and going with them again next Oct, and so far had no probs, at the end of the day, if they get you there cheap and you have reasonable accomodation what does it matter, whoever you go with just think it is a means of getting from a to b,
Ali

We have traveled with TCD several times and only had the odd flight delay which you will get with any company. They are cheap and chearful , as long as you remember that then they are fine.

Now the scheduled flights for June are out you may be able to find a cheaper option by building your own trip.

Worth looking at before you book.

we have flown with TCD twice, and their just a basic flight from A to B no frills, so if your trying to WDW cheaper, TCD is the way to go.

sometimes they do have probelms with flights delays, as they only have a few planes, but in 2005 we flew with them, and our flight back home was delayed by 24hrs, but they were really good about it, they put us all up in a nice hotel (Marriott) for the night, supplyed us with food at the hotel (dinner and breakfast), buffet style but food was out all day for us to eat, and supplied us with coaches to get back to the airport and then also gave us vouchers for food and drink at the airport.

hi

we travelled with tcd last year and took the upperdeck seats, that was good, no delays no problems at all and it was good to be in a jumbo jet.

will def travel with them again.

Next year Excel Airways (the mother company of TCD) will be replacing the two leased 747's with A330 airbus's.
I think the lease for the TCD aircraft from Air Atlanta 747-300 series runs until November 2007. They will short lease another for next April until the A330's arrive around November/December

we have thought about flying with TCD but the mixed reviews put us off slightly.

I look forward to what everyone says about them when they come back from their holidays this year.

So far we fly with virgin and we have never had any problems but they are more expensive on the whole compared with TCD.

A question regarding TCD can you avoid having to hire a car when booking a holiday to WDW???

I can't seem to get round this on the website???

Two years ago I flew with TCD and was really nervous as I had heard many horror stories but I have to report that there were no problems whatsoever, a slight delay but nothing to moan about. They are a budget airline and if you need to watch money then they are ideal. One thing you may consider is to staying at somewhere like th All Stars resort as they're on property and you have no transportation costs to the parks. You can also buy an umlimited pass for all disney theme parks including the water parks for around £150/160 for two weeks from the UK. The All Stars have a great food court which is really reasonable and has many choices.

I haven't stayed at the All Stars for a few years now but I have very fond memories.

This may of been posted elsewhere im not sure....

Just got a quote from them, very good quote infact cheaper than most places. Just wondering are they any good?

Ive decided to go with my friend in June 2008 and she wants to book it next weekend so obv shes left it up to me to get the quotes. She wont be happy if travel city direct turn out to be rubbish lol.

God knows how im gonna afford DLRP in Jan then WDW in June 2008 luckily shes paying for the WDW trip lol im poor.

Also advice on spending money, im not planning on buying much in WDW etc Do you think $1000 is enought for a 2 week holiday for me and a 2 year old. Obv making sure we have money to eat is my proir concern not buying the whole of florida lol.

Any advice would be greatful

A friend of mine had a really good deal with Travel City Direct recently.

£1700 for a family of three including, flight, accodation (condo), disnye tickets, car hire.

Then again another friend had a nightmare with them. Turned up and car hire company knew nothing about their hire reservation. In the end they had to cough up to pay for their car hire. Then took them ages to get a refund off TCD when they got back...

I flew with TCD last month (26th July). They took off on time and are the ONLY airline I have been on where they came around with free drinks of water before they even left the gate! and regularly through the flight for beer or soft drink (both ways). Yes the planes are not the newest around but they got us there in just over 8.5 hrs and back in 8hrs. Plane food was exactly that, no better or worse than any other I have been on. I have also flown with Virgin and must admit there flights were no better in regular economy class. I for one would not be put off flying with them again in the future.

A question regarding TCD can you avoid having to hire a car when booking a holiday to WDW???

I can't seem to get round this on the website???

Yes, when I booked with them I did it all over the phone and I didn't hire a car. I know what you mean about trying to get a quote online - there is no option not to have a hire car included.

We're planning to go again Feb 2009 and I just went online to get a quote but the date is outside of their current booking range. Got a quote for next Feb instead and it was £400 cheaper than when we went this year!

I have used TCD twice, the last time being October 06 and personaly think that they are fantastic. No flight delays or any bother what-so-ever. The booking in of your cases at the end of the holiday was a life saver as it left us free to spend out last day without having to worry about getting the airport to book in our cases. I would have no hesistation in using them again, although next trip I am going with First Choice but that's only because there are only 3 of us going this time instead of 5 which is when TCD are the cheapest. Enjoy.

you will here mixed reviews on these boards about TCD but my hubby and I have went with them 3 times already and our 4th will be in 2 weeks. We love them, the service on the flights are great, with, as someone already mentioned, free drinks for the whole journey, upgrading doesnt cost that much and the big seller for us - you can get double baggage allowance for £40. (my DH tells me I tend to spend too much when I hit Orlando) I would much rather get a cheaper trip to WDW with TCD and have lots more to spend when I get there.

Hi, my family and i took our first trip to florida in Oct 06 with TCD. Like you i was a bit dubious cause there were so many stories about them, some good, some bad. But they were the cheapest by far and as there were five of us going i thought i'd give them a go.
I need'nt have worried. Flights were on schedule there and back, drinks were free, food was what you expect from airlines really and the leg room was pretty good for economy.
There was quite a queue for the car hire though. They tried to get my husband to upgrade but i'd read on this site that they would try to do that and pre warned him. In the end we got our car up-graded anyway cause they had'nt got any of the cars left that we were supposed to get. So if my husband had'nt stood firm we would have paid for an up-grade that we got for free anyway! but saying that i don't think the car hire firm is run by TCD.
Though we had no probs, i know other people have, but you get that with every airline.

We always fly with TCD and have had very few problems.
I did however, have reason to be annoyed with a particular member of the sales-team this year. I asked him to book us onto a Cardiff flight for next June. He spent some time looking and then explained that all seats were fully-booked on Cardiff flights to Sanford for that period. I accepted this, and explained to my wife that we'd therefore have to book a later date. However, after some reflection later that same day, I decided to phone again to get a second opinion. ...This time, a very helpful girl answered and effortlessly got us onto the flight we originally wanted. She suggested that the other chap must have been 'inexperienced'. - Let me tell you, this wasn't the word that I used to describe him! ;-)
Steve.

i have paid extra for the double baggage with TCD. anyone who did this is the past-did you have more than one suitcase per person?

i have paid extra for the double baggage with TCD. anyone who did this is the past-did you have more than one suitcase per person?

I was with a party of 11 and we all had double baggage allowance. We had 19 pieces of luggage on the way back.

i dont think we were anywhere near the limit we were allowed, but we were way over what we would have been allowed if it was 20kgs per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter