Travel Channel

Max Rebo

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know why the Travel Channel never shows any Disney World programs anymore?

It seems like this used to be a frequent, albeit irregular, occurrence. I can tell you that nothing fueled my desire to take my family to Disney World more than watching those shows.

I suppose the ones they already filmed have become too outdated to use. I wonder why they don't make new ones. Probably too busy filming new episodes of "Man vs. Food" and "Baggage Battles," I guess.

Does anyone know why the Travel Channel never shows any Disney World programs anymore?

It seems like this used to be a frequent, albeit irregular, occurrence. I can tell you that nothing fueled my desire to take my family to Disney World more than watching those shows.

I suppose the ones they already filmed have become too outdated to use. I wonder why they don't make new ones. Probably too busy filming new episodes of "Man vs. Food" and "Baggage Battles," I guess.

Rumor I've heard, which makes some sense, is that they are waiting for the FLE to finish before filming new specials for air. Don't know if that would include the Mine Train or just what's coming up in early December. Just a rumor.

Thank you!:thumbsup2
I can't answer your question-but i was just telling my mom yesterday what a waste that channel is ...so sad-I'd like to see Disney specials along with other destination showspixiedust:----

I can't answer your question-but i was just telling my mom yesterday what a waste that channel is ...so sad-I'd like to see Disney specials along with other destination showspixiedust:----
Agreed - pretty much all basic cable channels are a waste.

Some WDW travelogue shows are available on DVD. Not sure about the Travel Channel ones. Netflix has a few that are available to stream.

ETA: Except Disney channel, duh.

I DVR'd a bunch of Disney shows the other night but they weren't on the travel channel. I will have to check when I get home. My 4 yo grandson is coming this weekend for 3 weeks and we have a Disney trip planned. I taped them to get him hyped up (like he needs it).

I watched one last night, I can't tell you what channel it was. It was seriously out of date, though.
So out of date, that the incredible A-mode Yeti was prominently featured. That made me sad.:sad1:

I always loved the Samantha Brown WDW specials. I hope she does another one. Remember Great Hotels?
She did shows featuring AKL, GF and Y&B Clubs. Possibly WL, too.

The Travel Channel is a sad shadow of it's former self. All of those food programs pretending to be travel related. I stopped watching a while back. Every once in a while I will try to tune in and quickly change the channel when I see that real travel information is absent.

I've actually seen some of the old Disney specials on Destination America, which is owned by Discovery Communications.

Echoing a PP, I know of videos Disney did with Samantha Brown that were extremely successful, but nothing directly with Travel Channel.

Some WDW travelogue shows are available on DVD. Not sure about the Travel Channel ones. Netflix has a few that are available to stream.

The ones that are available on DVD and Netflix are the Travel Channel ones.

Echoing a PP, I know of videos Disney did with Samantha Brown that were extremely successful, but nothing directly with Travel Channel.

Samantha Brown has down several Disney specials for the Travel Channel, 2 of which are available on iTunes.

Because it has gone the way of the History Channel and TLC..Showing reality crap and crap that has NOTHING to do with what the channel originally was

The ones on Netflix are the ones that used to be shown on Travel Channel, we hav ea boxed set of 6 and even though they are older, we still love to watch them.

There is an episode of Modern Marvels on iTunes and Amazon Instant Video from 2005.

I have 3 episodes from a Travel Channel lineup that was done a few years ago call Season of Disney, one included Samantha Brown, I got them from iTunes as well.

I miss the Great Hotels episodes, wish I could find them somewhere.

I have directTV and just the other day they had disney stuff on it. some of the show where from like 2002 and some more present. they showed like the 33 club in DL, tours in Mk and other things. travel channel is not owned by disney(abc,espn), so they are not going to just show Disney stuff. I watch the show pretty much everytime its on. Dont plan on doing half of it , but its a good way to get my disney fix.

it may have been the Dest channel it was on (Destination)

The ones that are available on DVD and Netflix are the Travel Channel ones.

Samantha Brown has down several Disney specials for the Travel Channel, 2 of which are available on iTunes.
I've seen the travel channel ones on itunes and have bought a few (so far) but I can't find any of the Samantha Brown ones. Which of the Samantha Brown one's are on itunes?
I also wish they would have the Christmas specials on itunes-the one with Samantha Brown from travel channel and the one with David Bromstad from HGTV.

I've seen the travel channel ones on itunes and have bought a few (so far) but I can't find any of the Samantha Brown ones. Which of the Samantha Brown one's are on itunes?
I also wish they would have the Christmas specials on itunes-the one with Samantha Brown from travel channel and the one with David Bromstad from HGTV.

I have one of the Samantha Brown Christmas ones from iTunes, where she is at both DL and WDW, I don't know the name, it's on my iPad at home. I think I have the one with David Bromstad on VHS as well as one with Guy Fieri from DL.

I think if you look them up under Season of Disney, you will find them.

Well, I haven't checked in a while, so maybe they're not there anymore, but I've got a Christmas one from 2003 and a later one (maybe 2008?) where she talks about her favorite things at both DL and WDW.

I agree wth PP, there is very little travel on the Travel Channel anymore. And somewhat off-topic, but whatever happened to Samantha Brown:confused3? I enjoyed all her travel shows (especially the Disney ones :thumbsup2) I think the last Disney related show I've seen on cable was on Walt's life on the History Channel a month or so ago.

Well, I haven't checked in a while, so maybe they're not there anymore, but I've got a Christmas one from 2003 and a later one (maybe 2008?) where she talks about her favorite things at both DL and WDW.
That could be. I'll just keep checking periodically. The good news is thatI have them all on my DVR at home (god forbid it every had to be replaced) I like to watch them on my phone at the gym-it makes the work out go by so much faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter