• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel Channel Tonight 8/1

Originally posted by llp479
DH and I too kept thinking, why aren't they DVC members? .....(snip).....!

At least one family might just be DVC members.

Now that I think about it, one of the scenes was in a kitchen that looked exactly like the DVC kitchens. I don't remember which woman was in the scene, though. :o

Was Disney even part of this show other than assistance? The production credits at the end of the show listed WDW as only thank yous and listed Discovery Channel Communications as the Production.

The young married couple even talked about how much money they would save by buying a 5 day verses the one day. As I watched I said to everyone in the room, "what kind of expert would buy at the gate?" Glad to see others picked up on that.

Also other groups would mention "their own secrets that they came up with" are all mention in Birnbaums. (like cut left to Adventure land)

If they did do a DVC type show, would it be against the law to play the show in states that don't allow DVC solicitation?

As fun as it might have been to do. Would I want to share my room with a film crew? esp. not a Pop Century room.

I agree with the previous comments about not really sharing any secrets and the GF couple buying tickets at the gate, at 10:14 am no less! No early entry, and I don't think many of the groups even had a "touring plan" BEFORE they got to the parks! They were looking at the park map board after they arrived and decided then. Maybe I'm more over-the-edge fanatic with Disney info than I thought, but these groups seemed like pikers! I enjoyed the show because I got to "see" one of my favorite places to go, but there wasn't anything revealed that isn't already in Birnbaum or the Unoffical Guide. It was cool to see what Bob Sehlinger looked like, I've been reading his book for years. As far as DVC, I don't know that they could have shown a DVC family due to the fact that it is a timeshare, I think there are probably legal/advertising issues. Did anyone else notice how far away the boat was from the "Wishes" fireworks? I don't know that I would try and book that now.
CLC Tiger Pom Mom :cheer2:

I still want to know which one was "TigrLovsPooh" from the boards? Anyone have the answer??

The Great Hotels show about the WL did show a short piece on the villas. It is the one were "Bad, Bad Samantha Brown" tells everyone you can put five in a one bedroom (Not trying t start something - only repeating what's on the show!!)

Like, CarolMN, I enjoyed watching a new travel channel show, but there wasn't a whole lot new to me - does that mean I've gone to much :rolleyes: Sure hope not ! I can hardly wait for our next trip!!

Hi... my name is Erika and I was the "mom" from the Murphy family. :)

Just so you all know, two of the people in our group of 8 are DVC members. :) They own at BCVs and Saratoga Springs. We actually moved to BWV's for the remainder of that trip, but it wasn't filmed. :)

Just thought I'd add that since you guys were talking about DVC families. We didn't have any say with our hotel choice, but probably would have picked OKW or VWL if we could have. :)

How neat for you.

I TIVO'd the show last night, but haven't seen it yet.

I'll be looking for you when I watch.

Erica, did you get any goodies for your effort.

Pixie Dust,

Goldi

Originally posted by KAMLEM
I missed it! Does anyone know if it's on again anytime soon?
Walt Disney World - Documentary Fan's Guide: Walt Disney World
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday August 05, 2004 from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM Channel - Travel Channel (I assume the times are EST)

DVC4We3 (sometimes known as RuthnPaul)

tigrlvspooh: Hey to a TV star. What was it like having a film crew in your room when your alarm went off to wake you up?

How did people at the parks respond to your family having a cameras following you around.

Did you share a whole lot more on film and it only end up on the edit floor?

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
Hi... my name is Erika and I was the "mom" from the Murphy family. :)

Just so you all know, two of the people in our group of 8 are DVC members. :) They own at BCVs and Saratoga Springs. We actually moved to BWV's for the remainder of that trip, but it wasn't filmed. :)

Just thought I'd add that since you guys were talking about DVC families. We didn't have any say with our hotel choice, but probably would have picked OKW or VWL if we could have. :)

It looked like you guys had a great time. Now I see how you can manage to visit WDW so many times.

Originally posted by Starshine
DH and I were in the final three choices for the young married couple demographic. We spoke with the producer several times and even were as far as letting him know our availability dates. Since DVC was my wedding present I thought we had it in the bag but alas no. :sad2: When they called to tell us we didn't get it they said it came down to a matter of numbers. :confused:

I was down to the final 4 choices for the group of 3 friends and they said the same thing to me, about it coming down to a matter of numbers. I was confused too but thought it had something to diversity. But when I saw the show and saw who they picked I couldn't believe it, we were virtually interchangeable. So I'd like to know what that line was supposed to mean.

Originally posted by Starshine
I said the same thing, especially since they were the couple that beat us out! I'm convinced we could have done better, but then DH told me to get my claws back in and stop being such a jealous snob! :snooty: I admit it- I was totally completely absolutely jealous that they got it instead of us!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Well now I don't feel so bad about having my claws out and being a jealous snob too :teeth:

ROFL B'rer Karen!!:rotfl: I feel better now that I'm not the only one. The numbers thing must have been their standard thanks but no thanks speech.

All kidding aside, Erika I thought you and your family did the best on camera. (but I'm still jealous) ;)

I couldn't believe that the couple who stayed at the GF had set their alarm clock for 8:58 am!!!! Yeh, I know it was the day they had ressies at the spa, but still!! I guess if I went to WDW 6 or more times a year, I might feel I could relax a little more. But we only go about once or twice a year, so it's still commando for us. Except for the rare trip when we don't do any parks. Then we relax a little more. Besides, if EVERYONE went to early entry, it would be too crowded for me!!

Erica - I have to say that I've been so jealous!!!!

We were one of the "final four" for the multi-generational family - I too got the same line "it all came down to numbers" - still not sure what that means.

Anyway, you did a great job - you were so poised and enthusiastic on camera that it made us all the more excited for our September trip (if that's even possible!)!

I've seen there are some negative comments about the show but I think people have to realize that it was Lightship calling the shots, not the people on camera!

All in all, you have an unbelievable experience to remember - something your kids will be able to show their kids some day!

Great job!

Take care!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter