• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel Channel Tonight 8/1

What a great way to spend my Sunday evening:teeth: Already told DH::yes::

Thanks for the heads up, without the post, I would have never known! Don't watch much TV but do watch the DIS:earsboy:

Lisa:sunny:

Originally posted by JimC
Here is a site that I check regularly for TV shows about Disney:
http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/tv/agenda.php3?modeagenda=soon
JimC, Great Link! :worship:

Tomorrow morning, Travel Channel's Great Hotels show is about the AK resort - gotta make sure that TIVO is picking up all these Disney-related shows!

We saw a show last week on food at Disney -- everything from turkey legs to the fabulous wedding cakes to the MM ice cream bars. It was a fun show! Again, thanks for sharing!

DVC4We3 (the posters formerly known as RuthnPaul)
:mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

TigrLovsPooh ( I believe is the posters name) from the Community Board was one of the people chosen for the show. How exciting, we get to see a fellow DISer on the Travel Channel for WDW.

It was an excellent show. The only problem is that they gave away a few of our favorite secrets!

Does anyone know which one was TigrLovsPooh or any of the other DIS'ers? I heard that there was more than one...hum???
Loved the show but forgot to tape. I'll try to tape on the rebroadcast.

Was anyone a little dissapointed they didn't choose at least one DVC family to highlight ??

I really enjoyed the show !! However, I think a DVC family would have also been interesting to highlight. Although maybe it would have come across as an "advertisement" for DVC and that is not what the show was about.

I don't know ....just some thoughts.

ITA Jimbo! Call me selfish but I didn't want some of "our" secrets given away so easily. They have to be earned!! ;)

panfan...I can't believe some of those families weren't DVC owners!! Look how often they've been going down--that would be a crime. Maybe we have a secret we should share with them!! :p

Originally posted by panfan
Was anyone a little dissapointed they didn't choose at least one DVC family to highlight ??

I don't know ....just some thoughts.

Yes! I think it would have made sense in the spirit of diversity to show one of the families staying at a home away from home resort. It seemed they had 4 different types of WDW visitors, each group went to a different theme park, but then 3 groups stayed in delux resorts, one stayed at a Value. I kind of wish they'd had one Delux, one Moderate, one Value, and one Home away from home Villa. But overall I really enjoyed the show. I realize they can't please everyone and show everything. There's just too much!

I watched the show. It was cute and the chosen families were personable. But it didn't really have anything new or especially memorable - except that now I know what Bob Sehlinger looks like, LOL.

I was a little disappointed. IMHO, the Food Network show (Unwrapped) on Disney food/restaurants was way better.

JMHO. YMMV.

DH and I were also amazed that none of the families on the show belonged to DVC -- all of them were veteran Disney-goers so they would be ideal DVC members! Does anyone know if they've ever done a Great Hotels show devoted to DVC? Now that would be interesting!!

I was little confused about the couple that stayed at the GF. She claimed to be a Disney expert but she bought 5 day hopper passes at the gate. What kind of an expert is that? :hyper:
No self respecting Disney expert would buy a multi-day hopper passes at the gate. Give me a break :rotfl:
And yes, I was also disappointed that they did not have a DVC family. Maybe Disney did not want the show to be a timeshare presentation :crazy:

DH and I too kept thinking, why aren't they DVC members?

It was a great way to show the young lady from the UK that we're taking in Nov for her first trip some of what she'll see. She couldn't believe how excited our 3dds were just watching the show!

I also found it hard to believe that Phillharmagic is now the number one attraction at WDW?

Only bad thing was it made waiting for that Nov trip even harder!

Originally posted by panfan

DH and I were in the final three choices for the young married couple demographic. We spoke with the producer several times and even were as far as letting him know our availability dates. Since DVC was my wedding present I thought we had it in the bag but alas no. :sad2: When they called to tell us we didn't get it they said it came down to a matter of numbers. :confused:

Originally posted by tamu91
I was little confused about the couple that stayed at the GF. She claimed to be a Disney expert but she bought 5 day hopper passes at the gate. What kind of an expert is that? :hyper:
No self respecting Disney expert would buy a multi-day hopper passes at the gate. Give me a break :rotfl:

I said the same thing, especially since they were the couple that beat us out! I'm convinced we could have done better, but then DH told me to get my claws back in and stop being such a jealous snob! :snooty: I admit it- I was totally completely absolutely jealous that they got it instead of us!!!!!! :rolleyes:

We too couldn't believe there was no DVC family since aren't DVC families fanatical Disney fans?

None the less we enjoyed the show. I really liked the family that had printed schedules for everyone - my DH thought I was the only one who did this!
:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter