• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel between Wilderness Lodge and other resorts on the lake

AmyB2006

I'd rather be in Disney!
Can you take the resort boat/ferry to any of the other hotels? I know you can go to BLT/Contemporary on the ferry. But curious if you can take it Poly or GF. Anyone know?

You can take a boat to FtW from WL, as well as over to the CR. You have to take the boat to the MK and then transfer to another boat to get to the GF and Polynesian.

During good weather, there will be

- 2 boats on Bay Lake running in opposite circles among Contemporary, Fort Wildneress, and Wilderness Lodge.

- 2 boats on Seven Seas Lagoon running in opposite circles among Magic Kingdom, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian.

Plus as last poster said your boat from WL to MK where you can transfer to the Seven Seas Lagoon boats.

The boats are small, hard to get in/out for mobility impaired, cannot acommodate ECVs, and strollers must be folded. They rock a little if that makes anyone uncomfortable.

We love these boats!

You can also take the boat to Contemporary and use the monorail to get to Poly & GF.

During good weather, there will be

- 2 boats on Bay Lake running in opposite circles among Contemporary, Fort Wildneress, and Wilderness Lodge.

- 2 boats on Seven Seas Lagoon running in opposite circles among Magic Kingdom, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian.

Plus as last poster said your boat from WL to MK where you can transfer to the Seven Seas Lagoon boats.

The boats are small, hard to get in/out for mobility impaired, cannot acommodate ECVs, and strollers must be folded. They rock a little if that makes anyone uncomfortable.

We love these boats!

Someone else told me that you can wait for a larger boat. Do they only run small boats? Because my dad is in an ECV.

Someone else told me that you can wait for a larger boat. Do they only run small boats? Because my dad is in an ECV.

We've stayed at the Poly and GF and I've never seen them using larger boats for those two resorts. The small boats would be impossible to board using an ECV, because you have to step down after you board. Your best bet would be to take one of the larger boats from WL to MK and then take the monorail.

We've stayed at the Poly and GF and I've never seen them using larger boats for those two resorts. The small boats would be impossible to board using an ECV, because you have to step down after you board. Your best bet would be to take one of the larger boats from WL to MK and then take the monorail.

That's what I figured too. But they do have larger boats then that go from WL to MK then?

That's what I figured too. But they do have larger boats then that go from WL to MK then?

Yes, the boats from WL are the larger boats with the boarding level with the dock. I do recall seeing smaller boats in use there, at busy/peak times, but they were also running the larger boats as well. The Friendship boats that they use at the Epcot resorts to go to Epcot and DHS are also level with the dock.

One word of caution: always double check the times the last boat leaves from wherever you are trying to depart from. We travelled to WL by boat, specifically asked one of the boat crew what time the last boat was for us to get back, were told 9pm but when we tried to board at 9pm they wouldn't let us on. Eventually, WL put us in a taxi back to our resort ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter