Travel between AK and Disney Springs?

HollyL

Mouseketeer
So, I have family meeting up with us, but we are staying in different places. We will be going to The Animal Kingdom on a Thursday, and will be getting there at rope drop, and being that my kids are 5 and 8, they will probably be tired by 5pm and ready to call it a day. I was planning on meeting up with my family at 6pm at Raglan Road for dinner.

It's been about 17 years since I have been to WDW, and we have only gone to the California parks, which I know like the back of my own hand. I am lost when it comes to WDW geography.

We are staying at the Pop Century, so we have access to the shuttle system. Does Disney have shuttle options that run from AK to Disney Springs, or will I need to go from AK back to Pop Century, and then take another shuttle from Pop Century to Disney Springs? Anyone have an idea of how long that may take?

I have a reservation at Raglan Road, so I need to make sure to allow myself the right amount of time to get there.

Another question.......If we want to get to AK at rope drop, which is 9am, what time should I get on a shuttle from the Pop Century? Are there usually really long lines to get on a shuttle?

Thanks!

I believe you have to go back to a hotel before u can get a bus to DS. You could take a bus to Saratoga springs and walk or take the boat. Or a bus to Okw, get off at hospitality house and take boat. I would allow an hour at least

it were me I would take a cab from AK to DS and save the time. It's about $20 and 15 minutes. Then after dinner you can take a bus to your resort.

I can't comment on bus time to AK.

^^^^ Yep. The fastest way is to grab a taxi. Half an hour should do it. Next fastest would be to take a bus to AKL and then a DS bus from there. You'd need at least an hour.

To get to AK from your resort in the morning, be at the bus stop at least an hour before RD. Yes, the lines for the park buses tend to be long before park opening.

You can take a bus to any resort and then take a bus from the resort to Disney Springs. It doesn't have to be the resort you're staying at.

Two weeks ago I took the bus from AK to Animal Kingdon lodge and then a bus to Disney springs. (AKL is closest resort to AK). It's a surprisingly long ride from AKL to DS. I'd leave 2 hours personally, at least. The ride itself is 30-40 minutes!

Other options are Saratoga springs and then walk to DS. Or one of the Port Orleans resorts and then take a boat to DS.

You can't go from AK to DS or vice versa directly. However, you can take the bus to AKL (about 5 mins) and then get the DS bus or you could take the bus from AK to Saratoga Springs and get off at the Congressional Park bus stop and walk to Disney Springs. It's only about a 5 minute walk to DS and maybe another 5 minutes to get to Raglan Road.

Thanks for the great info! I think I want to avoid Disney Springs altogether. Yuck....2 hours....no thanks!

So, with that being said, can anyone suggest dining options in the Animal Kingdom area that do not require admission to AK? We will be at AK that day, but the family members that I am meeting up with will not be.

If nothing else, I can have my family meet us at Pop Century and we'll just eat at the food court. We're not food snobs by any means. What are the parking options for somebody who isn't an actual guest at Pop Century?

Thanks for the great info! I think I want to avoid Disney Springs altogether. Yuck....2 hours....no thanks!

So, with that being said, can anyone suggest dining options in the Animal Kingdom area that do not require admission to AK? We will be at AK that day, but the family members that I am meeting up with will not be.

If nothing else, I can have my family meet us at Pop Century and we'll just eat at the food court. We're not food snobs by any means. What are the parking options for somebody who isn't an actual guest at Pop Century?
Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge would be my first choice. The food is really good, prices are Disney-reasonable, and if you're there during daylight hours, you can see the animals on the hotel's savannah. Ask for a window seat when you check in. (It's at Kidani Village, which is the DVC building at AkL, not the main building.)

Thanks! I will look into that. Is parking an issue for off site guests?

Bummer....no reservations available for Sanaa the night we're looking at :-(. I'll keep checking.

Are there any casual dining spots at the Animal Kingdom resort that don't require reservations? There are 4 of us, but I will be meeting up with 5 family members, and it's kind of tough to find a reservation for 9.

Also, my sister and her family are not adventurous eaters, so it has to be somewhere that has American style options.

thanks!

Are there any casual dining spots at the Animal Kingdom resort that don't require reservations? There are 4 of us, but I will be meeting up with 5 family members, and it's kind of tough to find a reservation for 9.

Also, my sister and her family are not adventurous eaters, so it has to be somewhere that has American style options.

thanks!

All of the TS restaurants at AKL are popular and you really need ADRs. They are Sanaa, Boma (an excellent buffet) and Jiko (signature). Mara is AKL's court, so no ADR there.

I would go to Ragland Rd as you originally intended. It's a great place and good food. It is not that difficult to get there if planned out in advance.

it were me I would take a cab from AK to DS and save the time. It's about $20 and 15 minutes.
Legally, the 5yo will need to use a car seat or booster seat in FL. Some taxis at WDW have car seats available, and you can request a car seat on Uber at WDW. Or you could buy an inflatable Bubble Bum and carry it with you; maybe spring for a locker while in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter