Travel Agent Ticket and FP+ question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMS1125

Put your faith in what you most believe in.
Is anybody here a travel agent that has used the discounted ticket and FP? I've never used that available benefit before since I've done packages with tickets on my trips. From my understanding a discounted travel agent ticket has to be picked up on arrival so there's not a way to add it to your MDE beforehand to secure Fast Passes right? I haven't requested mine yet until I knew for sure. If I can't make FP+ selections before arrival then to me the savings isn't worth it and I'll just buy a ticket.

also can a discounted TA ticket be upgraded to an AP? Wasn't sure where to ask ticket questions so sorry if this is in the wrong spot :)

Hmmm. Is this something new? When I did this last year, there was no confirmation# or code provided so you could not pre-link to MDE.

I was considering buying a one day ticket to link so I can grab FP+.

Hmmm. Is this something new? When I did this last year, there was no confirmation# or code provided so you could not pre-link to MDE.

I was considering buying a one day ticket to link so I can grab FP+.

Not new as far as I know. My host agency has to approve the ticket request but once they do I get an email from Disney with a confirmation number I'm able to use in MDE.

I own an agency and when I called Disney to get some info on the TA ticket, she told me that it would have to be picked up on arrival day. When I had asked about fastpasses she told me, that I couldn't pre-select. The advice that she offered was to make the 3 fastpasses for my traveling party(DH,DS,DS) and then on arrival day once my TA Ticket was linked, to try and copy their fastpasses to myself. I was too nervous about this not working that I did not take advantage of it. Good Luck!

Yes, this was my experience last July. Nothing given ahead of time to link to MDE so no FP+ could be selected.

Wondering if it's changed since July 2015?

Yes, this was my experience last July. Nothing given ahead of time to link to MDE so no FP+ could be selected.

Wondering if it's changed since July 2015?

Hmmm, sorry I can't help more other then to add I submitted my request Aug 2015 for my trip in Oct 2015. Received confirmation email from Disney with order number that loaded into MDE. Picked up ticket at Guest Relations on first day, piece of cake. Good luck!

Perhaps the type of ticket you bought (that your manager had to approve) isn't what we are referring to? Here's a direct response from Disney:

"Unfortunately, you will not have a ticket number that can be associated until you pay for and pick up your ticket at Will Call. As The MyMagic+ not opened up to accept Will Call Numbers at this point. You pay for your tickets when you pick them up. There is no way to pay for your discounted ticket in advance."
Training Coordinator
Sales Channel Services

Perhaps the type of ticket you bought (that your manager had to approve) isn't what we are referring to? Here's a direct response from Disney:

"Unfortunately, you will not have a ticket number that can be associated until you pay for and pick up your ticket at Will Call. As The MyMagic+ not opened up to accept Will Call Numbers at this point. You pay for your tickets when you pick them up. There is no way to pay for your discounted ticket in advance."
Training Coordinator
Sales Channel Services

Hmm, maybe that's it. I get a 4 day free ticket so I don't owe anything. I guess it makes sense if you still "owe" on a ticket you can't make FP selections.

That must be something your agency arranges. That was not the program we were referring to. It still is a badly executed benefit. There is no reason they couldn't issue the ticket ahead of time based on TA ID submission electronically. Seems they don't want the benefit used much.

That must be something your agency arranges. That was not the program we were referring to. It still is a badly executed benefit. There is no reason they couldn't issue the ticket ahead of time based on TA ID submission electronically. Seems they don't want the benefit used much.

No, it's a Disney benefit ordered right off the Disney Travel Agents website. But maybe benefits vary from agency to agency.

Can you direct me to it so I can see what's up? Feel free to PM me. I see the ticket benefit as purchase 2-10 day park hopper/waterpark fun & more.

Can anyone clarify this now? Wanting to take advantage of the discounted ticket but not if I can’t have my fast passes!

If you are purchasing a discounted ticket available to Travel Agents who take the and pass the College of Disney Knowledge Assessment here’s the process. After requesting your ticket on the portal be on the lookout for your confirmation email (it may take a few weeks), this will give you a confirmation number and date for pickup at Disney Will Call. You do not have an actual ticket until then, and therefore CANNOT request FP+ in advance of your trip. Luckily for me we have lots of little people so we utilize Rider Swap and FP+ that I’ve confirmed for the others in my group. For the rides that everyone can ride I modify the current FP+ reservations to add myself to the group. However that may not always work or the time of your FP+ can change. This is my 4 year doing this and it’s never been a problem. We leave Oct 29 so fingers crossed it works this year!

If you are purchasing a discounted ticket available to Travel Agents who take the and pass the College of Disney Knowledge Assessment here’s the process. After requesting your ticket on the portal be on the lookout for your confirmation email (it may take a few weeks), this will give you a confirmation number and date for pickup at Disney Will Call. You do not have an actual ticket until then, and therefore CANNOT request FP+ in advance of your trip. Luckily for me we have lots of little people so we utilize Rider Swap and FP+ that I’ve confirmed for the others in my group. For the rides that everyone can ride I modify the current FP+ reservations to add myself to the group. However that may not always work or the time of your FP+ can change. This is my 4 year doing this and it’s never been a problem. We leave Oct 29 so fingers crossed it works this year!

Is it pretty easy once you request your 1 day free ticket? I have done my collage of knowledge training and eligable for it. Do they need to call office and verify stuff first? The manager will be out of office the next few weeks and I leave in exactly 2 weeks from today so I need to request ticket today or it won’t work. Just didn’t know if I would run into any issues or if I should go ahead and just order ticket online and pay instead

Is it pretty easy once you request your 1 day free ticket? I have done my collage of knowledge training and eligable for it. Do they need to call office and verify stuff first? The manager will be out of office the next few weeks and I leave in exactly 2 weeks from today so I need to request ticket today or it won’t work. Just didn’t know if I would run into any issues or if I should go ahead and just order ticket online and pay instead

The comp ticket I no longer available :( I’m about 99.99% sure. It will tell you when you request the benefit. There is a significant discount though. Everything is verified through your IATAN card verification number. So make sure that info is correct and up to date in your profile. You will need to show your IATAN card when you pick your tickets up at will call. This is my 4th time doing it and I usually get an approved response in about a week.

Not sure if this info is too late to help the original OP, but herein is my experience . . .
I am an EARS agent, requested and was approved for a will call agent ticket. Once I provided the TA Disney contact (via email) with my room reservation #, they sent me an email with a confirmation # I was able to input in my MDE account, attach to my reservations, and acquire FP's against. This all happened two weeks out from my arrival, which did not help me for many of the sold out attractions, but nonetheless still gave me some which made me breath easier. If you have additional questions, feel free to PM me.

Old thread and reviving-just requested the TA ticket, on the website it asked if I had a reservation number, which I did for an upcoming trip. I'll see if they then include a confirmation I can add to MDE and report back...unless anyone can confirm. Agents in my company have said they've had success asking at the Will Call window to add them to existing FP+ reservations made with others in their party. My wife will be with me and we'll make her FP+ reservations at the 60-day window as well. We'll see how it all goes, right now I'm only worried about getting FOP. Everything else we can manage since we won't be traveling with kids on this trip.

For threads that began over 2+ years ago, it’s always best to begin a new thread.

Closing as this thread is outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter