travel agent recommendations please

nosy parker

Mouseketeer
My friend has asked me for a recommendation for a Disney specialized travel agent. I previously used Small World Vacations to book my trip to Disney. I was not particularily thrilled with my agent and am not recommending her for a couple of reasons. However I remember a previous thread or two discussing this topic and there seemed to be many people very happy with their agent at SWV. There were also many recommendations for Dreams Unlimited.

I would really like to give my friend a couple of names so I figured I'd ask the DIs members. List away...

I do have a requirement however. The agent has to be easily reached by phone. The one I dealt with was not available by phone unless you left a message which she returned at her convenience (read: not that quickly). I really hated having to communicate via e-mail all the time. I want someone who usually answers the phone, and if unable to do, so will return calls promptly.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Does she have AAA? They are great with Disney. I never used them. pirate: I prefer to book my own because I used to be a travel agent myself.

No she doesn't. This is her first trip so she wants a good agent that can be available to her and her million questions (although I've been answering a lot of them!). And of course her biggest concern is being able to switch her reservation when the specials are released. She really wants an agent who will be able to quickly handle that.

I used one that is a poster here on DIS. She was fantastic! Accessible by phone, cel and email. Very responsive, knowledgeable, quick and great results. She got me exactly what I wanted that I was having no luck with myself. Ticket package, ADRs, tour bookings. She did it all and kept me posted on my options and final ressies. I highly recommend her. She is PrincessNoelle'sMom and you can PM her directly.

I have used Dreams Unlimited many times and had wonderful experiences. My agent never lost patience with me, even when I changed my resort 4 times!! Just couldn't make up my mind and Disney came out with a really great deal.
She is also very good about answering any and all questions. Since buying DVC I tend to not have to use an agent but there have been occasions where I was staying non-DVC and didn't want to worry about those discounts, so let Shirley do it for me.
I have also used MouseFan Travel..they were pretty good but I prefer DU.

We are using Dreams Unlimited Travel for the first time for our upcoming May trip and so far....AWESOME!!! Our agent is right on top of everything, was able to get our hotel and ADRs we requested and he makes a tenative itinerary with adrs that you can use for your trip. Very personable and friendly. Our agent even shared some tips and pics of his wonderful family and their trips to Disney! I can not say enough great things about Dreams:) Give them a try.

We are using Dreams for the first time for our July trip...so far EXCELLENT! Agent keeps in contact with me....they changed my ressie to reflect the recent extension of the 4/3 promo...I know they will help book ADR's etc.

I used Sherri @ Small World Vacations. SMV is recommended by Mousesavers.

She has been awesome and always gets back to me promptly. I'm more of an emailer personally but she has also been good about calling me back right away.

We had Minnie at Small World. She was fantastic! We had someone else to start with but she wasn't communitcating at all with us. They gave us Minne, and she was very helpfull!

I am using Dreams Unlimited for my next trip, and I don't have any complaints. I don't know if they can be reached by phone, though; I haven't tried. One of the things I really like about it is that I don't have to use the phone!

If you want someone who is reachable by phone, maybe there is a local agent who specializes in Disney you could use. I don't know if any of the Internet agencies have phone contacts or if they are all by e-mail. Now, I'm not saying that there aren't any available by phone, just that I don't know if they are. That is something to consider if you are going to use an agent you find on the Internet.

Lori from Small World was awesome. She was very patient and prompt in her responses to me.

Another thumbs up for Dreams Unlimited. :thumbsup2

My agent has been very patient, and has given really good advice. She also made several phone calls and talked to 6 different CMs at Disney until she was able to book a modified package for me using a PIN that I received, after being told by the first 5 CMs that it wasn't possible. (I had seen several posts on the boards that others had been able to book it.)

I also like the fact that they will automatically check your current reservation against any new deals that come out, and try to book at the new deal pricing if it will save you money.

I have used Coleen at Mouse Fan Travel for at three trips. She has been excellent--even helped me cooridante a one night stay that I added to a High School Marching Band trip (which wasn't booked through her). She was very patient, no matter how much I confused her! :)

Sorry this is so long, but I had to share my experience.

I was recently in the same boat as your friend and then I narrowed it down to Small World Vacations and Dreams Unlimited. Both of which I looked up on the Better Business Bureau and had really good ratings. I am pretty sure that the DU website stated that they will not contact you by phone, only email. So I decided to send a request to both just to see how they responded. Both initial replies were very fast, but then when I had a question it took DU longer to reply. (But I must admit that I am pretty impatient.) The responses were like night and day though, DU appeared to be more "computer generated" whereas CINDY with SMV seemed to genuinely care about my trip. Cindy has her own 800 number and even works on Saturdays. I booked the 4/3 deal and then last week received a pin code which she booked for me super quick and saved me even more money. She will also book your ADR's etc, but I did my own just because that's how I am. But anyway, that is just my experience and Cindy has been great to me so far and calls or emails back when you need her to.

We are using Liz at Dream Come True Vacations for the third time. She is great, responds almost anytime of the day or night, any day of the week.

Most of the contact is through email but she is available by phone as well.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback. I have printed up this thread and the info I rec'd through pm's, and I will be giving it to her this morning. I'm sure she'll pick a very good agent. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter