Travel agent receiving luggage tags and boarding documents?

Hundredacre

DIS Veteran
I just talked to dcl and they said our TA would be receiving our tags and docs. This can't be right? Because it makes no sense. Is this true?

Typically my TA receives our luggage tags and documents and then mails them to us.
Thanks. Do you happen to remember when you received them from the TA? Like was it 2 weeks before the cruise? Did they automatically do it or did you have to request it?

Thanks. Do you happen to remember when you received them from the TA? Like was it 2 weeks before the cruise? Did they automatically do it or did you have to request it?
The last time we actually did not receive them, but we were able to get tags once we arrived at port from one of the porters (we just had to know our room number). Our documentation was all printed from the website, so all was good. I was really panicked last year when this happened, but now I am not even worried about it a little bit.

The last time we actually did not receive them, but we were able to get tags once we arrived at port from one of the porters (we just had to know our room number). Our documentation was all printed from the website, so all was good. I was really panicked last year when this happened, but now I am not even worried about it a little bit.
Thanks for your experience. You are helping to move me from the panic stage to the not worried stage!

That's odd. We've always used an agent and docs/tags have always been sent to us by DCL. Just got our most recent two weeks ago.

That's odd. We've always used an agent and docs/tags have always been sent to us by DCL. Just got our most recent two weeks ago.

The agent can request they be sent directly to you, but they have to remember to call it in, otherwise they are sent directly to the agency. Some agents may not know about this option, so that may be why they don't do it.

Other than WDW magic bands, everything Disney that we book through our TA always goes to her. She FedExes it all to me now that I don't live nearby. I actually think she prefers to receive it, or her agency does, b/c when she forwards it to me - she adds other stuff. Some times a Disney gift card, always business cards and payment receipts and the like. I appreciate getting everything in one neat package and not having to remember to print out emails, etc. I'm guessing it boils down to agent/agency preference, when the customer hasn't specifically made a request.

Other than WDW magic bands, everything Disney that we book through our TA always goes to her. She FedExes it all to me now that I don't live nearby. I actually think she prefers to receive it, or her agency does, b/c when she forwards it to me - she adds other stuff. Some times a Disney gift card, always business cards and payment receipts and the like. I appreciate getting everything in one neat package and not having to remember to print out emails, etc. I'm guessing it boils down to agent/agency preference, when the customer hasn't specifically made a request.
Did your agent tell you she would receive then and send them on? Ours has not mentioned anything about this. Cruise is a couple of weeks away.

Did your agent tell you she would receive then and send them on? Ours has not mentioned anything about this. Cruise is a couple of weeks away.
Yes, she always tells me in advance and will give me a rough timeline of when to expect materials when we take care of final payment. And then she'll contact me to let me know when she FedExes it. I got pretty nervous when I didn't get anything for Aulani earlier this year and realized we had never discussed what I would need... but that was b/c there was nothing to get, LOL!

SounliOTE="cmph, post: 56197864, member: 573560"]Yes, she always tells me in advance and will give me a rough timeline of when to expect materials when we take care of final payment. And then she'll contact me to let me know when she FedExes it. I got pretty nervous when I didn't get anything for Aulani earlier this year and realized we had never discussed what I would need... but that was b/c there was nothing to get, LOL![/QUOTE]
Sounds like you have a good TA!

We always got ours directly when we booked with DU or when we booked ourselves. When I used an local agent (twice, which was enough) she received them and called for me to pick them up. I think they had been sitting in her office for a while to be honest.

As others have said, if you don't get them there really is nothing you need. Print out your boarding information from home, if you have transfers paid for just tell them at the desk and if you need luggage tags they will give them to you at the port. You will have to claim your own luggage at the airport with out them though, keep that in mind.
Have a great cruise!

our TA always gets our stuff and sends it on as well, of course we often get a little "something" from her as well. Love my TA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter