Travel agent question

ladybugmommy84

This Mommy loves Princess Belle!
Have you ever switched from one travel agent to another? I kind of want to because the other offers an onboard credit and seems to be more in depth but I don't know. I kind of think it would be rude to switch. Any advice?

There is a way to switch, but I don't know exactly how it works. I think you have to have the current travel agent release your cruise. It may be easier for you to cancel the cruise and rebook it with someone else. You could also ask the current travel agent if they will give you on board credit like many of the other agents do. Maybe that will motivate them to offer something.

There is a way to switch, but I don't know exactly how it works. I think you have to have the current travel agent release your cruise. It may be easier for you to cancel the cruise and rebook it with someone else. You could also ask the current travel agent if they will give you on board credit like many of the other agents do. Maybe that will motivate them to offer something.
Thank you! I hope that will happen. I should know by Monday.

There is a way but there is quite a bit of steps that have to be done. First, you'd have to request the original TA to release it to Disney. This may take a few days to get this done. After that you will need to request the new TA to transfer the booking over to them. BUT this can only be done IF it has been booked within the past 30 days and it's not paid in full.

Also, as Disney pays lower commissions to agencies that have reservations transferred to them, you might not get the full OBC that you would if you booked directly.

Have you ever switched from one travel agent to another? I kind of want to because the other offers an onboard credit and seems to be more in depth but I don't know. I kind of think it would be rude to switch. Any advice?
In this case I would not switch, but would pick a different TA for my next cruise.

You can also ask your current TA to match the OBC. I have done that myself.
I asked and she said she would ask the franchise owner what she could and she never said anything back until I said I wanted to shop around more.

I thought Expedia offered on board credit for cruises.

Expedia does if she used it as the booking engine. Alot of agents like myself do not as they many people have had trouble with them in the past. Most TA give the OBC out of their own pocket(part of their commission).

Expedia does if she used it as the booking engine. Alot of agents like myself do not as they many people have had trouble with them in the past. Most TA give the OBC out of their own pocket(part of their commission).
Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter