• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trattoria or GF Cafe?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide where to have dinner on one of our resort days (staying at BCV). DH is big Italian food fan, so thinking Trattoria, but DD 3 I thought might like a monorail ride and dinner at GF Cafe. Thoughts?

When you say your DH is a "big Italian food fan"....is that because his grandmother is from Italy and has a recipe for something that goes back generations, or because he likes spaghetti & meatballs from (fill in a chain restaurant here.) We've enjoyed TAF, but just ate there a second time last week, and didn't love it at much as the first time (shortly after it opened.)

GFC is good, but is generally run-of-the-mill. Very pleasant atmosphere. :earsboy:

I thought Trattoria al Forno was good, however Il Mulino at the Swan is by far the best Italian Restaurant on Disney Property!

I've eaten at nearly every WDW restaurant however I haven't been to GF Cafe I just haven't heard much positive there are so many better options...

I agree with PP that Il Mulino is an excellent choice. If you are looking for something else I would suggest Tutto Italia in EC. Their food is great. You can still take DD on the Monorail for some Pineapple Dole Whip at the Poly for dessert and some MK fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter