Trattoria Al Forno Location

badora

Earning My Ears
Planning a Bon Voyage Breakfast and wanted to know if Epcot is closer or Hollywood Studios or if both parks are within walking distance to the restaurant? Thanks.

Epcot is closer to the International Gateway entrance of Epcot. But if you are coming from the main entrance of Epcot 1) you will need a Park Hopper ticket unless you plan to visit Epcot for the day after breakfast because you need to enter Epcot and 2) you need to walk all the way through Future World to the International Gateway between the UK and France in WS,
If you are driving or taking Disney transportation and don't want to use a park entrance to get to the Boardwalk than DHS is the better option. You never need to enter DHS to walk to the Boardwalk

*Hopefully* I think I'm confused. The plan is to have breakfast first and then head to either Epcot or HS for the day so we shouldn't need a Park Hopper. That being said, is it better to plan that day to be our Epcot day or our HS day? Or does it not matter because both are close enough to walk?

Planning a Bon Voyage Breakfast and wanted to know if Epcot is closer or Hollywood Studios or if both parks are within walking distance to the restaurant? Thanks.
Epcot is a closer walk to Trattoria al Forno, the restaurant hosting the breakfast, than Hollywood Studios is. Epcot is a five minute walk and DHS is less than 20 minutes. You can take a boat to Hollywood Studios if you don't want to walk. The boat will take about 15 minutes once it leaves the dock. :)

How are you arriving for breakfast? If you are taking Disney transportation you will be better off going to HS and walking to BW from there. You don't need to go through HS like you do Epcot when trying to get to the Epcot resorts.

Then after breakfast you can walk to either park. Epcot is a closer walk from Trattoria after breakfast.

*Hopefully* I think I'm confused. The plan is to have breakfast first and then head to either Epcot or HS for the day so we shouldn't need a Park Hopper. That being said, is it better to plan that day to be our Epcot day or our HS day? Or does it not matter because both are close enough to walk?

To answer your question directly, the difference in walking is about 15 minutes. Not enough, I think, to be a deciding factor, if you have other considerations to your plan.

Transportation to the restaurant is a separate question. If you are taking Disney transport, it doesn't matter which park you are going to with regards to transportation.

If you are driving and plan on going to HS: park in the HS lot and walk to Boardwalk

If you decide on going to Epcot after eating, your best bet is to pay for valet parking at Boardwalk. Then you can leave your care there all day while you enjoy Epcot, and go pick your car up when it's time to go home. Free parking at resorts is limited for guests dining. Valet parking does not have a time limit.

Thanks everyone! We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and would use Disney Transportation to get to breakfast.

If you are using Disney Transportation, the quickest way would be to take the bus to HS and then walk to Boardwalk (roughly 15 minutes) to eat and then go to Epcot after if you wanted. If you were to take transportation to Epcot, then you would have to go through Epcot to get to the Boardwalk.

Thanks everyone! We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and would use Disney Transportation to get to breakfast.

This is what I thought. If you are taking Disney transportation to ultimately get to the Boardwalk for breakfast my original post should help. You can not take a bus directly from POR to the Boardwalk. If you want to take a bus to Epcot and walk from there to breakfast, you have to walk through Epcot, using a ticket. If you want to take a bus to DHS and walk to the Boardwalk, you do NOT have to enter DHS. The bus stop is outside the park and you can walk to the Boardwalk without using any ticket.
You can decide before you go for breakfast which park you can spend your day in and this whole thing is a moot point.
If you are only asking about after breakfast, Epcot is the closer walk to the Boardwalk, but neither is a bad walk and there is also a boat to each park from the Boardwalk.
Enjoy

Since this restaurant is on the Boardwalk you can do either Epcot (via walk or boat) or HS (via boat or walk). Epcot is actually closer by distance but if you're going to Soar'in or Test track there is a bit of an extra walk. HS is a very nice boat ride away.........but then a bit of a walk to any attraction.

Doug :goofy:

Take the bus to HS and walk or take the boat.

If you take the bus to Epcot you will have to go through security, walk through the park, exit the IG, and have to go back to Epcot for the day if you don't have park hoppers. Frankly, I don't want to have to go through security etc just to get to breakfast.

If I'm going from one resort to another for breakfast, I just take an Uber or taxi. Cuts out a big extra step in transportation.

We were going to do the same thing...Uber to an early Boardwalk breakfast) but I'm confused what we can do afterwards.
The plan was to enter Epcot with a ticket via international gateway to hopefully make it to Soarin (ropedrop) - however, now I've read that world showcase does not open until 11am?? So can we not get into Epcot via the international gateway at 9am to walk to Future World? Thanks!

We were going to do the same thing...Uber to an early Boardwalk breakfast) but I'm confused what we can do afterwards.
The plan was to enter Epcot with a ticket via international gateway to hopefully make it to Soarin (ropedrop) - however, now I've read that world showcase does not open until 11am?? So can we not get into Epcot via the international gateway at 9am to walk to Future World? Thanks!
You can enter through International gateway at park opening. The stores and attractions in the countries don't open until 11AM, but you can walk past the countries from the UK to Norway (as Norway has a restaurant open for breakfast). It is a great way to get pics in the AM with very few people there! There are staff that keep you from going any deeper into the countries. I believe the exception is France as the Patisserie was open for breakfast at one point...not sure if it still is though.

Lots of people will be walking with you at rope drop from international gateway to the tier 1 attractions including soarin

Wow this does get confusing. I've been to a 7:30 breakfast at beach club and it's a similar route. Be at the bus stop at 6:30, that's when the breakfast buses come. Typically only Magic Kingdom buses run that early. If you're lucky, the electronic sign at the bus stop will tell you if and when a Hollywood studios bus is coming. If it's not showing, ask the first driver you see about it. If nothing else, the driver can dispatch a bus to you.

You cannot walk to the boardwalk from the main entrance at Epcot at 7:30 in the morning. They'll direct you to a resort bus.

As far as which park to go to after breakfast, I think that depends on whether you see entering through World Showcase as an advantage or a disadvantage. I say advantage because the crowd of people waiting for the park to open is smaller, but it is a longer walk to the rides in Future World. But the back entrance to Epcot is quite a bit closer to the boardwalk than the Hollywood studios entrance.

I think that covers it! I hope you have a good breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter