trash and towel service

nzdisneymom

DIS Veteran
We're in a studio at OKW, arriving Sunday and departing on Thursday. Our trash and towel service is scheduled for Wednesday. I called Member Services today to see if we could get our T/T on Tuesday instead of Wednesday and the CM said she thought that the only way we could get T/T on a day that's not scheduled is if we pay the extra fee.

My question is this... has anyone successfully had T/T a different day than what is scheduled by requesting it at check-in (that's what the CM suggested)? We don't want extra T/T - we just would like to have it on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

Thanks.

Call housekeeping from your room after you check-in. The housekeeping supervisor should be able to re-arrange your scheduled T & T day.

You can request your T&T on a different day if you want, but it needs to be done at check in. There shouldn't be a charge, but be aware that it is sometimes difficult to get those auto schedules changed.

I'm not sure that even the check-in desk can do this for you. I've read here that some have been successful in moving their T&T day by contacting Mousekeeping directly once checked in at the resort.

We tried it for a trip once (T&T was scheduled the day before we left) and Mousekeeping said no problem. Then they didn't show on either day so I'm not sure getting them out of their schedule is such a good idea.

Honestly, for such a short trip you'll probably find that T&T isn't a big deal anyway. And if you're in a 1BR or larger you can use the washer/dryer to freshen up the towels.

For some reason my group seems to generate a fair amount of trash :rolleyes1 so I always end up taking trash to the trash/recycling center at the resorts on several of the days we don't have T&T or full cleaning.

I guess I'm saying that for us T&T isn't a big deal. Now that full cleaning day....that's another story! :)

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the replies. It will be me and two girlfriends, so i don't expect we'll generate much trash, but it would be nice to have fresh towels a day earlier :)

When we go as a family, so far we've not stayed long enough for T/T service, but we sure generate a lot of trash (we do a lot of meals in the room). We always take the trash out ourselves - each time we've found extra trashcan liners already in the cans, so that makes it easier.

I'll ask at check-in and see what they say, and then also follow-up with mousekeeping - and I'll report back here what we do and what actually happens!

FWIW, my two girlfriends have not stayed at DVC before, but they've both done timeshares. I think they are both good candidates for DVC ownership!

ok even with following the signs , I can never find the trash location .

When we were in a 1 bedroom last month at BWV we checked in on Saturday and left on a Friday . We got full cleaning on Sunday and Tuesday. We thought we would get it Sunday ( paid cash Sat night ) but then we should have gotten TnT on Wed not full cleaning on Tuesday again !?

We are going to try for a schedule change this summer.

At BWV, the trash rooms are near where the hall splits around the main pool.

Thanks , I follow the signs until at some point they start reading to go back to where I just was . I must have missed the place somehow , I just haven't figured out how yet <G>

Thanks , I follow the signs until at some point they start reading to go back to where I just was . I must have missed the place somehow , I just haven't figured out how yet <G>

I think the sign on the door says "recycling", so maybe you didn't know there were trash bins in there too? Don't worry...you'll find it!

With several gals going, it might be worth it to pay $6 for an extra towel pack a couple days earlier and not worry about trying to change your T & T day. Housekeeping seems to have trouble getting the right day when we have made changes to our T & T day.

Thanks for the replies. It will be me and two girlfriends, so i don't expect we'll generate much trash, but it would be nice to have fresh towels a day earlier :)
When we go as a family, so far we've not stayed long enough for T/T service, but we sure generate a lot of trash (we do a lot of meals in the room). We always take the trash out ourselves - each time we've found extra trashcan liners already in the cans, so that makes it easier.

I'll ask at check-in and see what they say, and then also follow-up with mousekeeping - and I'll report back here what we do and what actually happens!

FWIW, my two girlfriends have not stayed at DVC before, but they've both done timeshares. I think they are both good candidates for DVC ownership!

we are going to be at SSR in a studio for the 1st time on April 07.... checking in Saturday .. checking out the following Friday... adoes this mean IF our TnT is Tuesday or Wednesday .. when we check in Saturday we have used stuffed that where hang back ??? :confused3 :crazy2: :faint:

we are going to be at SSR in a studio for the 1st time on April 07.... checking in Saturday .. checking out the following Friday... adoes this mean IF our TnT is Tuesday or Wednesday .. when we check in Saturday we have used stuffed that where hang back ??? :confused3 :crazy2: :faint:

Villas are completely cleaned and restocked between guests. All your towels and linens will be newly cleaned.

Sat is day 1. Tues is day 4. You should get your towels replaced and trash removed on Tues. But you do get to move into an all clean room on Sat. You will need to hang up your towels each day unless you pay to replace them daily or take them to the washer/dryer each day. And you won't have a w/d in the studio.

FYI, the washers and dryers near the pool areas are free. You need to buy soap, but you do NOT need to put money in the machines. They do look like coin machines though, and will accept money should you put it in, but there is no need to.

You could also order T&T every day, if you want for $10 each time it is ordered.

Last summer, on the afternoon we checked in, I called housekeeping and requested my towels brought earlier as well as I purchased the towel pack along with extra trash bags, no problem:flower3: My daughters tend to leave the towels laying somewhere or they fall on the floor and I will not reuse them. I do not have time to do laundry while at Disney:rotfl: We just drop off our trash in the morning. We have never stayed longer at OKW than 5 nights though, any longer and I would want housekeeping!::yes::

I'm the towel police when we go as a family -- the first thing I do after entering, is go count the towels and them remove them from the bathroom so that I can dole them out to the children and DH. And I supervise showers for the kids to make sure that they use their own towel and they don't drop it on the floor.

We have kept extra towels in our room from the pool before - they wrap up in a towel at the pool and we just hang onto it in our room until the last day when we return it to the Towel Return place at the pool. And there have been times we've been glad to have that extra towel to mop up the floor when I didn't supervise carefully.

We stayed at VWL in December and were directly across the hall from the laundry room - that was nice because I just washed up our towels myself since it was seriously convenient. Not so convenient at other DVC locations... but I could put the towels in very early in the a.m. and they would be washed and dried before we were ready to head out for the day.

I agree with Granny about T & T day not being very important to our family either. We also generate a lot of trash (especially when there are six of us) and take it to the recycling room every morning on our way out. I also generally wash our towels every day also (we're usually in a 2 bdrm unless it's just DH and myself) so it doesn't really matter much when our T & T day is. I think about the only time I've even thought about it was while staying in a studio and even then, we've always had four bath towels for two of us, so it really wasn't even an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter