trash and towel day confusion

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
so we arrived Sun 10-28.............had full service cleaning on Wed. 10-31.
Expected trash and towel tomorrow, right, 11-4??
Well, got back to our room tonight and found it had been done :confused:
The computers and other things were out that we usually store for those days. :eek:

Now not sure if our next cleaning is the 7th or 8th.

They almost always seem to not stick to the schedule for us and at SSR we found out that most of the Front Desk CM's and managers didn't know the schedule either. We got into a big discussion on the subject and only after showing them the schedule from the member website did they understand. :scared1:

:earsboy: Bill

Most importantly, hope you are having a great trip! But from the member site:

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

yep.....day 8 is tomorrow, not today.
So, we'll see if they come tomorrow too :rotfl:

They did the garbage, changed the towels, made the beds, even picked my socks up off the floor. But no refills on the shampoo and other things (and when did they stop providing lotion??)
We also had the beds made, but they were made up a different way, so I wonder if they changed the sheets too :confused:
We usually leave a tip and of course, didn't this time.
We didn't leave the room until 2:30 either, so it was later in the day.

and yes, we are having a great time ::yes::

Which resort are you at? I've had that happen frequently in specific buildings at OKW. I chalk it up to the fact that they have one team that always does specific buildings. I swear the person who does 45 and 46 keeps all the soaps and shampoos for herself, because we NEVER get them renewed when we are in those buildings.:scratchin

OKW.....building 29.

Looks like it was a full cleaning......except no clean dish towels, but the sponge was thrown out. Luckily there was another underneath the sink.

So not sure when or what happens next :rotfl:

OKW.....building 29.

Looks like it was a full cleaning......except no clean dish towels, but the sponge was thrown out. Luckily there was another underneath the sink.

So not sure when or what happens next :rotfl:

Yes, and if you call housekeeping, you aren't sure they understand your request. I once checked into a villa that had the previous occupant's used soap still in the shower. I called and explained the problem. When I returned that evening, the dirty soap was still in the shower, but I had a bunch of new soaps left for me! I called a second time with the exact same result. I finally gave up, cleaned the shower and filled my suitcase with soap.:lmao:

They did the garbage, changed the towels, made the beds, even picked my socks up off the floor. But no refills on the shampoo and other things (and when did they stop providing lotion??)
We've been staying in DVC resorts since Jan 2006 and we've never had lotion.

We had housekeeping issues on our recent stay at BWV. For the first time, we stayed long enough to get a full cleaning. When they finally came sometime in the evening on day 6 after several phone calls to ask why our room had not been cleaned, we got fresh linens and towels but no supplies and they did not take out the trash. They did take the tip I had left on the vanity. Given we were nearly out of toilet paper and out of trash bags, I was not happy. After another phone call someone came to our door with a roll of TP and some trash bags. The following day when we returned to our room in the late afternoon we could see that they had come back again. It looked like they had done a proper full cleaning and left us some soap, laundry soap, and TP.

When we were staying at BCV for 7 days, they came on the 3rd and 4th days for T&T day...without us paying for any extra costs :cool1:

We've been staying in DVC resorts since Jan 2006 and we've never had lotion.

That is so odd, we have had lotions and bath gels, but since we bring our toiletries from home and don't generally use the small H20s, we pack them up at the end of our trip to bring home.

just back last week from 8 days at SSR ok everyone needs to pay close attention to this because We were there and couldnt understand what was happening .

Arrival day clean room
day 2 a basket with all the trimming left INSIDE the door of our 2 bedroom
day 3 a basket left outside the door
day 4 someone came in and took the trash changed the towels but again left a basket full of towels sheets , ect
day 5 ANOTHER basket left inside the door of the room
day 6 SIL is sick and in the room and hears housekeeping come in she tells him she is there for the full cleaning . He tells her about all the baskets she tells him its time for a cleaning and can she do it and not disturb him . He left and went to DTD for 2 hours and then came back . WE COME BACK TO A CLEAN ROOM and a SIL with this wild tale of housekeeping LOL
day 7 at this point we are wondering where the basket would be it was in the living room and all the dishes were in the dish washer and the room had been touched up
day 8 we are waiting for them to come for our stuff to leave and house keeping shows up to ask if we needed anything else since it was our T&T day

:faint:

just back last week from 8 days at SSR ok everyone needs to pay close attention to this because We were there and couldnt understand what was happening .

Arrival day clean room
day 2 a basket with all the trimming left INSIDE the door of our 2 bedroom
day 3 a basket left outside the door
day 4 someone came in and took the trash changed the towels but again left a basket full of towels sheets , ect
day 5 ANOTHER basket left inside the door of the room
day 6 SIL is sick and in the room and hears housekeeping come in she tells him she is there for the full cleaning . He tells her about all the baskets she tells him its time for a cleaning and can she do it and not disturb him . He left and went to DTD for 2 hours and then came back . WE COME BACK TO A CLEAN ROOM and a SIL with this wild tale of housekeeping LOL
day 7 at this point we are wondering where the basket would be it was in the living room and all the dishes were in the dish washer and the room had been touched up
day 8 we are waiting for them to come for our stuff to leave and house keeping shows up to ask if we needed anything else since it was our T&T day

:faint:
LOL! That's the weirdest one I've heard yet! It does seem that the sharing of housekeeping between OKW and SSR does cause some significant confusion. I'm thinking it might be similar room numbers in different buildings that get entered wrong in someone's computer. There is obviously something amiss in that housekeeping department the last couple years. It seems to have started when they opened SSR and started sharing housekeeping between the two resorts.

wow.....I guess we never know when they will come.

This is the first time we haven't had lotion......DH is sad. He wanted to use it on his feet :rotfl:
We did get shower gel

And got back today and had trash and towel service!! Maybe yesterday's full service was a mistake.
Still no more toiletries, but I too, do bring my own. DH uses the shampoo and bath soap.
They still did not bring clean dish towels though..........but we do have 2.

Thursday should be full cleaning............we'll see.

We have never gotten lotion either at DVC stays. We have gotten lotion when we stay deluxe resort.

Sammie said:
We have never gotten lotion either at DVC stays. We have gotten lotion when we stay deluxe resort.

Time to stake out the housekeeping cart.

That is so odd, we have had lotions and bath gels, but since we bring our toiletries from home and don't generally use the small H20s, we pack them up at the end of our trip to bring home.
We've stayed at AKV, BWV, OKW and VWL and in each case we've had shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We stayed Club Level at AKV once and got some sunburn relief gel in addition to the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

Where do you stay and have you had lotion at every DVC resort or just at some of them?

Didn't DVC stop providing lotion a couple of years ago before switching to the H2O brand?

:earsboy: Bill

We've stayed at AKV, BWV, OKW and VWL and in each case we've had shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We stayed Club Level at AKV once and got some sunburn relief gel in addition to the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

Where do you stay and have you had lotion at every DVC resort or just at some of them?

VGC it was a split of the old H20 & new H20 during our stay there. Definitely had lotions there because I put one in my purse one to have during the park. BCV in 2 bedroom dedicated, 2 queen, we had shampoo, conditioner, bath get & lotion in the master bathroom but not the second bathroom. BLT, time before, GV, same thing. Yes, each time we stay DVC, since we became members 2002. But I never got a sunburn relief gel. I think we got jipped our club level time at AKV.

Oh but lotion aside, we are always the family of six who gets the room with one roll of tp with only a few squares left, and I'm the one who gets to call mousekeeping each time and wait for them to bring up the rolls. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter