Trap!

alebisi

DIS Veteran
It's cool to remember (or maybe not) when and in which ride you got trap, fortunately I only got trapped in two rides... the first one at Pirates of the Caribbean where you see the canonballs splashing on the sea, and most painful at the Haunted Mansion... when the woman trapped on the crystal ball talks... that is very cold.. it was the first time I rode that, and I kept asking my mom "I'm freezing... I am much more scared... can we go on? Is all the trip like this".... then she explained to me it wasn't like that,
WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES? I thought it was a cool way to remember those funny or awful moments

the only rides that I have been stuck in were Splash Mountain and IASW. On SM, we were caught on the ascent up the big hill. On IASW, we always get caught in the areas before you exit the ride.

I have been to WDW hundreds of times and have to say I have never been stuck:confused3

now watch I will get stuck this trip !! (knock on wood)

DH and DD got trapped on Peter Pan for about 45 minutes...I was waiting outside with DS thinking: Grow up already! :teeth:

Back in the summer of 97, DW and I made our first trip to WDW. The ride was Horizons. We rode it a couple of times, and it seemed to stop on occasion - but this time it stopped for quite a while - I'd say at least 20 minutes but it sure seemed longer. For those that remember, there was one of those giant curved Omnimax screens, kind of like what they now use for Soarin'. There would be a movie playing while you passed through. Well, that's where we got stuck. We watched that movie over, and over, and over...

There is one scene that's a swooping flyby on a city (I think - it's been 11 years). I'm not susceptible to motion sickness - but boy, after all those flybys, I was so glad when it started moving again...and never went on it again (not because of that, it had closed by our next trip in 99).

I do remember on my tenth birthday (this was when my Dad was adventure land manager) and some guy had fallen out of one of the Pirates boats???? and the ride was not being evacuated!!:confused3 :confused3 people are weird !!

As a kid, I was never terribly fond of two rides at Disneyland for a time, one was the Skyway and the other was the Matterhorn. Oddly enough, the one time I remember being "trapped" for a significant amount of time on any ride was riding on the Skyway, being trapped in the middle of the Matterhorn. Even though I had already gotten brave enough to ride the Matterhorn, the howls of the red eyed Yeti still scared me, so hearing the howls endlessly while gently swaying for what seemed like forever hanging on a wire in that mountain was not fun for me at all.

On my 8th grade safety patrol field trip which was around '97 or '98 me, and all my friends got stuck on space mountain. The area right before you enter the tube @ the start of the ride. There were some cool cast members that kept us busy with some disney knowledge and what not.

I've been stuck on almost every single ride in MK...LOL! Splash Mountain MULTIPLE times. On out trip in Sept. we got stuck on Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's SRS, Winnie the Pooh, and Snow White's SA.:scared1: Oh, and the Haunted Mansion too!

We got stuck on Splash Mtn for 30 min and they gave us a fast pass for any other ride so that was pretty nice. We also got stuck on Haunted Mansion right in front of the head in the glass ball of all places with our 3 year old who did well considering we were stuck there for like 20 min. He kept saying I'm done mom. Poor thing.:sad2:

We got stuck at Disneyland for a very short time on HM. I think they stopped it on purpose though-they actually came over the loud speakers and started announcing for whoever was videotaping with a giant spotlight to turn it out.

They actually had to stop it twice and announce twice. Some people... :confused3

We have also gotten briefly stuck on the uphill trip in Spaceship Earth several years ago. That was a fun one. ;) ... or was it downhill? It has been so long I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember which direction they have you laying back.

I don't remember ever being stuck on a ride at WDW. Now, Six Flags, that's noather story. Ugh!

I do remember on my tenth birthday (this was when my Dad was adventure land manager) and some guy had fallen out of one of the Pirates boats???? and the ride was not being evacuated!!:confused3 :confused3 people are weird !!

Falling out of the pirate boats!!?? How can you manage to do that?!?! you are right people are weird

:laughing:

The only memorable time was when we were on Splash and two cars ahead of us, the family stood up and stepped out right at the bottom of the big hill. :scared1:

These were three adults. Immediately the ride stopped and we heard "Stay where you are. A Cast Member will reach you shortly." They kept repeating that while the three of them stood on the side.

To this day I don't know how they avoided getting hurt. That's a pretty short pause and had the ride lurched while they were standing, they would have gone flying. A very dilgent CM was on duty that day to spot them and stop the ride.

Eventually a CM did arrive and they went off somewhere together on the right.

People do some pretty dumb things. :confused3

We were stuck on the hill before the big drop on Splash Mt. First and last time for that ride.

We were stuck/suddenly stopped on an incline on Thunder Mountain and all I kept thinking was, "Dear Lord, the train behind us is going to ram into us and kill us all!" We eventually had to disembark (which was not an easy feat) and walk down a narrow path then INTO the mountain itself---it was our own "behind the scenes tour" -- DH kept teasing that we'd never be seen or heard from again...and that this is where they keep Walt's frozen head...it was exciting.

I've heard of people getting stuck on IASMAA and can not imagine hearing that tune for more than 10 minutes at a time....:eek:

DH and DD got trapped on Peter Pan for about 45 minutes...I was waiting outside with DS thinking: Grow up already! :teeth:

I would love to be "trapped" on the Peter Pan ride. I heard getting trapped inside Splash Mountain is fun too, especially if you need to be walked out. You get to see a lot of cool stuff.

We were stuck/suddenly stopped on an incline on Thunder Mountain and all I kept thinking was, "Dear Lord, the train behind us is going to ram into us and kill us all!" We eventually had to disembark (which was not an easy feat) and walk down a narrow path then INTO the mountain itself---it was our own "behind the scenes tour" -- DH kept teasing that we'd never be seen or heard from again...and that this is where they keep Walt's frozen head...it was exciting.

We got stuck on Thunder mountain also It was May 16th our anniversary and our first trip ever to Disney World. It was crazy hot & dry because of the forest fires. I was ripped when it happened, but on the walk off, under the mountain they had what looked like a broken down motor in pieces and 2 workman uniforms covered in grease hanging next to it. The names on the uniforms was ...wait for it.....TWEEDLE DEE & TWEEDLE DUM. :woohoo: It cracked us up. Disney really does think of all situations and tries to make the best of them.

Ive only got stuck on one ride ever at DL. I must be so lucky! I was only about 7 and my aunt and I we on the jungle cruise. Somehow our boat stopped running. Another boat had to come over and we all had to balance and juggle to get to the other boat without tipping over.

On another occasion I was in the park with my fiance at the same time my aunt and cousin were in the park. My fiance and I ran into no problems all day, but my aunt and cousin got stuck on the large incline on California screaming, and got stuck on thunder mountain. Both times they had to walk off.

My aunt and uncle got stuck on the matterhorn and they werent allowed to get out and walk off, cast members had to push their bobsled all the way down.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter