Transportstion to Port Canaveral

Nicole33

Earning My Ears
We are so excited to be taking our 1st Disney cruise over Halloween week on the Fantasy!
I have not figured out the best way to make it to the port from Orlando airport that morning. Our direct flight lands at 9:40 AM. We have 2 adults and 2 kids (5 and 2). What would make the most sense time and expense wise?
We also would probably do the same transport back the following week to get back to the airport too. Thanks!!

Either Disney transportation or rent a car with carseats. Price it out and see what seems cheaper/easier. You could also hire a driver.

We have been on six Disney cruises. For the first five we did the husband takes the rental car back after dropping us all off. After getting a car service this last time and not having to wait for him up to an hour because of the busy rental car counter - you'd be hard pressed for me to ever want to rent a car again. Cheaper yes - but time is money and we want to board ASAP.

You could gate check your car seats too if you want - that way you'd have them no matter which you decide. That's what we always do.

We have done different things each time, but taking Disney transport has been the easiest. Its no muss no fuss.

In fact last time we flew in so early, but didn't want to get to the port and sit around. They took our luggage and sent it on for us. Then we sat in the airport, had breakfast, some drinks, and did some shopping without worrying about wheeling luggae everwhere. then we got on the bus and just relaxed while someone else drove. Got to watch Disney shorts and trivia. Its the best.

Definitely do the Disney transfers. It is one of the best parts of my vacation! It is so nice to not have to deal with any luggage (coming or going)..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter