Transportation

fristbytte21

Boom, baby!
Hey everyone. Just need some assistance. I'm planning a trip for the March for friends who have never been and need help with transportation. We are going for 5 days staying off site down the block from Disneyland. My problem is this - should we get a car for the week from airport or do shuttle. We are planning to do one Hollywood day and would rent a car that day only. But does it make sense and cheaper to rent a car for week and skip shuttle transfer fees? If so does anyone know a direction to steer me for good car rates/shuttle rates? Thanks so much!

When I looked not a van, it was about the cost of two days for the week - $379
One day was $174
National, Alamo, dollar all have places at the airport and by disney

Edit, actually those prices where for a suburban a van was more but gas it less

How big is the group needing transportation? If the group is 3 or more I think the cheapest and simplest thing is a taxi van from the airport. I'm going to try this in about 10 days. Last trip I had a rental because it was a split trip between Beverly Hills, DLR and San Diego. I self parked at the GCH and never saw the car again until it was time for the next leg of the trip. Not only did I pay the daily rental fee and parking for a car I didn't use I found out the hard way on that trip that bad things can happen to rental cars even when you are not in them. Like someone can back into your parked rental and mess up the bumper. I decided this trip there is no need for the car.

My DS and I were at Disneyland recently. We used Jag Transportation to and from airport - they even stopped briefly to help us get some water and a few other things for the room. They have larger vehicles - limo's, etc. You could use the shuttle to Disney. That would save you the parking fees at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter