Transportation....

SweetMissy

Intactivist/Lactivist
I know magical express takes you to and from the airport and I've seen pictures of their cruiseline bus. Do they also do this from the airports to the ports?

Yes, but there is an additional cost whereas with the Magical Express to WDW there is not.

You can book transport from MCO to port canaveral for $70 pp round trip. We do this sometimes but given we are traveling with 4 people now we are using private cars for transportation. The cost is just slightly more expensive but we get to pick our own times.

The cruise we're looking at leaves out of Miami. Do they only bus from Orlando?

Im not sure about the bus, but you can get a cab for $25 to the airport. Cabs will be lined up when you get off. We took a cruise out of Miami last month. Also if your coming a day prior to the cruise, Comfort Suites Miami has free airport pickup and port drop off.

I could be wrong but I believe DCL is offering transport from Miami airport to port. If you can't find how to schedule it online, just call and ask. I think we had to call to add it to our MCO/Port Canaveral sailing last winter.

Enjoy your cruise!

The cruise we're looking at leaves out of Miami. Do they only bus from Orlando?

DCL has done transfers for every port we have ever cruised out of--Barcelona, Dover, Seattle, Galveston, etc. as well as PC. I don't know for sure about Miami, but my gut says they are offering transfers--call DCL or your TA.

But they charge? If so, that's a bit disappointing considering magical express is included in the price you pay.

But they charge? If so, that's a bit disappointing considering magical express is included in the price you pay.

Yes, they charge....a lot. $35 per person each way at Port Canaveral. It has been more and less at other ports.

My favorite was Dover--DCL was charging $85 per person one way for transfers. We took the express bus from Victoria Station to the Dover bus station for 4 British pounds per person (a little under $6) and then paid a total of 5 pounds to take the group to the terminal! The bus made 2 stops along the way. We did go to Dover a day early and spend the night there (and the Dover hotel was way less than the London hotel!) We loved Dover!

Yes, they charge....a lot. $35 per person each way at Port Canaveral. It has been more and less at other ports.

My favorite was Dover--DCL was charging $85 per person one way for transfers. We took the express bus from Victoria Station to the Dover bus station for 4 British pounds per person (a little under $6) and then paid a total of 5 pounds to take the group to the terminal! The bus made 2 stops along the way. We did go to Dover a day early and spend the night there (and the Dover hotel was way less than the London hotel!) We loved Dover!

That stinks! I was thinking it would be like magical express. :( I guess a taxi would be cheaper.

That stinks! I was thinking it would be like magical express. :( I guess a taxi would be cheaper.

The distance between the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is about twice that from MCO to WDW. A one-way rental car each way is usually the cheapest way to get to and from the port.

From Miami - I'd look into shuttles or a taxi to the port.

The distance between the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is about twice that from MCO to WDW. A one-way rental car each way is usually the cheapest way to get to and from the port.

The poster is cruising from Miami. Another poster has quoted a cab at $25.

I would just do a cab for Miami. The port is not a long way away. Cheaper and faster I am sure. We have done cabs from Miami when cruising. Porters will be waiting to get your bags.

The poster is cruising from Miami. Another poster has quoted a cab at $25.

I saw that after I first posted.

There's a self-serving reason for WDW to include complimentary Magical Express transportation from the airport to WDW resorts: they don't want people to rent cars and leave Disney property!

There's a self-serving reason for WDW to include complimentary Magical Express transportation from the airport to WDW resorts: they don't want people to rent cars and leave Disney property!

Exactly! No car means that you eat at WDW restaurants and that other area attractions are inaccessible. Having a vehicle at WDW means that you can save tons of money by eating off property, making a grocery stop on the way (just getting milk, juice, and cereal will save a bundle!), etc. One day spent at another attraction will lose Disney more money than the bus transportation costs them.

We've been cruising with DCL since January 2006 and they've always charged for DCL transport - about the same amount each time, I think ($30-ish?).

Magical Express is free, but getting the guests who fly into Orlando to WDW increases resort traffic/revenue vs non-Disney hotels, eh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter