• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to US/IoA

We are doing a split stay.7 days at WDW and 3 At US/IOA. We will prob use the Mears to get from WDW to US. My question is, will Mears take us to the airport from US?

We arrive on Thanksgiving day into MCO. We plan on staying 1 night at Loews Royal Pacific Resort that night.

The next morning we will spend the day at US. That evening we are planning on staying at a very cheap hotel before returning back to the airport on the 30th.

Should we rent a car or not? Im leaning towards a cab only because its close to $20 to park the car at RPR and we wont be leaving until the evening of Friday, 29 before making our way to the cheaper hotel.

Hello! We're a family of 6 looking to take a cab to/from POR and Universal. I know that Bell services at POR can probably call me a van to get to US. My concern is getting back. Are vans easy to come by at universal? Where do you catch them?

Same place as all theother cabs - downstairs from The Hub. There's probably going to be a dispatcher there, or it should be apparent cabbies your party needs a van.

Would a taxi van fit 9 of us and our luggage? We need transportation from Airport to Universal Hard Rock and then Universal Hard Rock to Disney AKL.

Has anyone actually done Lynx to US? Is it really that bad? We won't have any kids with us, so we can handle public transport, but if it's a super hassle I'll rethink it.

hi, can anyone tell me how far the taxi drop off area is from the entrance to universal/ioa? is it a long walk, etc.? thanks

hi, can anyone tell me how far the taxi drop off area is from the entrance to universal/ioa? is it a long walk, etc.? thanks

It is about a 3rd of a mile. Maybe. The drop off is right at the bottom of escalator stairs, when you get to the top, you follow the moving sidewalk all the way down until city walk, then you follow the signs to either Universal or UIoA. Not too bad. Just did it Monday :)

Maybe 15 mins. Depends on what your walking pace is, and how crowded it is.

Going from BoardWalk to Royal Pacific one morning then returning the next day. Would it be better to do a taxi or mears shuttle? Cost? We are looking for an early (7am) going time and a late (10pm) return time. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Going from BoardWalk to Royal Pacific one morning then returning the next day. Would it be better to do a taxi or mears shuttle? Cost? We are looking for an early (7am) going time and a late (10pm) return time. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

I've done that exact same thing. I assume you're staying overnight at RPR. Which means you'll have some kind of overnight bag with you. The Mears shuttle doesn't allow 'luggage' on the shuttles. But, you can take a backpack! My friend and I packed toiletries and a change of clothes in our backpacks...worked great.
The shuttle is about $20 pp, r/t. A cab will be around $50+. It all depends on how many are in your group.

I've done that exact same thing. I assume you're staying overnight at RPR. Which means you'll have some kind of overnight bag with you. The Mears shuttle doesn't allow 'luggage' on the shuttles. But, you can take a backpack! My friend and I packed toiletries and a change of clothes in our backpacks...worked great.
The shuttle is about $20 pp, r/t. A cab will be around $50+. It all depends on how many are in your group.

Thanks for the information.

We are staying 1 night at the RPR. So, we will have a duffle bag with a change of clothes and a small backpack for the park. We have 2 adults & 2 kids(12&9). I am worried about a taxi with the four of us. I would prefer the taxi even if its a little more.

Our plan is to check in and drop bag off with bell service, hit the park and then spend the night. Next day check out, leave bag with bell services and enjoy early entry. We would hit Harry Potter World first, then play the rest of the day. During the evening pick up bag and catch a taxi back to BoardWalk. Going the taxi route, I hope to avoid a time schedule. We could just go when we are ready to go.

Man am I glad I found this! I was thinking for sure I'd have to pony up $30 each way in a taxi for my solo trip to US/IOA at my stay in WDW!

- Does anyone know the current shuttle rate? I imagine it isn't $18 anymore, maybe a few dollars more?

- Can you schedule pick-up for say, 7-8AM, and then return at say, 7-8PM? I read on the first page they shuttle every hour, so I'm hoping this is still true.

- I did read on one of the pages that you can pay with CC over the phone, too. If you are not comfortable doing that, can you pay cash? I imagine it will have to be exact, that's fine.

Man am I glad I found this! I was thinking for sure I'd have to pony up $30 each way in a taxi for my solo trip to US/IOA at my stay in WDW!

- Does anyone know the current shuttle rate? I imagine it isn't $18 anymore, maybe a few dollars more?

- Can you schedule pick-up for say, 7-8AM, and then return at say, 7-8PM? I read on the first page they shuttle every hour, so I'm hoping this is still true.

- I did read on one of the pages that you can pay with CC over the phone, too. If you are not comfortable doing that, can you pay cash? I imagine it will have to be exact, that's fine.
I believe the r/t cost, pp, for the Mears shuttle is $19.

I have scheduled a very early p/u...around 7:15ish. We were able to get to RPR, get checked in, and then over to IoA for early entry. As far as running every hour, probably. You do have to schedule your return ride though. You can either schedule it when you make your reservation to ride over to US/IoA, or you can give them a call a few hours prior to the time you feel like leaving, and they will give you a time to be at the bus area.

Yes, you can pay with CC when you book online or over the phone. The drivers will not take a cc though..so, yes, cash is taken by the driver. It needs to be exact though. They sometimes have an issue making change.

I believe the r/t cost, pp, for the Mears shuttle is $19.

I have scheduled a very early p/u...around 7:15ish. We were able to get to RPR, get checked in, and then over to IoA for early entry. As far as running every hour, probably. You do have to schedule your return ride though. You can either schedule it when you make your reservation to ride over to US/IoA, or you can give them a call a few hours prior to the time you feel like leaving, and they will give you a time to be at the bus area.

Yes, you can pay with CC when you book online or over the phone. The drivers will not take a cc though..so, yes, cash is taken by the driver. It needs to be exact though. They sometimes have an issue making change.

Absolutely perfect! I'll probably just do exact cash. And even better that I can call and schedule pick-up within a few hours of calling. For all I know, I might not want to be there all day, or maybe I do, so that option is superb. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Man am I glad I found this! I was thinking for sure I'd have to pony up $30 each way in a taxi for my solo trip to US/IOA at my stay in WDW! - Does anyone know the current shuttle rate? I imagine it isn't $18 anymore, maybe a few dollars more? - Can you schedule pick-up for say, 7-8AM, and then return at say, 7-8PM? I read on the first page they shuttle every hour, so I'm hoping this is still true. - I did read on one of the pages that you can pay with CC over the phone, too. If you are not comfortable doing that, can you pay cash? I imagine it will have to be exact, that's fine.
We used the mears shuttle last month. It was $20 even round trip per person. I scheduled pickup at 7:30 am. We got out there right at 7:25 and the shuttle picked us up at 7:30 on the nose. We were walking up to US gates a little after 8, the fifth or sixth people in line at the queue entrance.
For the return trip I called at about 6 pm and said we would be staying until closing. They asked if we would be watching the cinematic sensations show. We said yes, and they said there would be a motorcoach waiting for all who were. We waited about 15 min. For the coach to fill before we headed back to WDW (there was already another there loading when we left) and we were back at our resort less that 30 minutes later! It was a great experience and we would absolutely use it again!

And yes! You can pay cash to the driver who picks you up, and he will give you a return ticket for the way home!

Is there any sort of shuttle service from Universal to MCO? I'd like to check out Wizarding World the day I leave Orlando. Planning to take the MEARS shuttle from POP to Universal in the morning but not sure about the best way to get from Universal to the airport in the afternoon.

Trying to books Mears SUV service for four from AoA to RPR (one way as we are staying at RPR for four days before departing Orlando). AoA isn't listed on their pull down screen. Do I have to call or can I choose POP since I believe it is near AoA?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter