transportation to resort restaurants

sambisc

Mouseketeer
How does everyone get to all the different resort restaurants? Do you use the buses or take a taxi?

I have always used the buses.

You have to leave extra time, but if we get there a little early it can be great fun just looking around the resort and shipping the shops. There are always shops!

If I am going resort to resort then I use a taxi. It's not worth the time and hassle to use the buses. If I am already at a park and then heading to a resort then I will take the bus since it's a one way easy trip.

It depends which resort I am going to and what time (early breakfast, dinner). However, most of the time we do end up taking the bus.

If it's for a breakfast I like to go by taxi (I am NOT a morning person!). For dinner we will usually take the bus there. If it's a late dinner and the closest park has closed we will usually take a taxi back to our own resort.

Usually my family takes a taxi as well because it saves time and isn't that expensive ($25 will get you most anywhere on property). We avoid resort-to-resort buses trips because it usually involves a transfer at DTD or a park, which means potentially a lot time waiting. Taxis are easy to get - there are usually a few waiting near valet/the front at all of the resorts.

In the mornings we are definitely taxi people. My sleep is precious at WDW, so the hour I save by not using Disney transportation to get around is worth the $20 that a taxi costs.

For dinners, it depends. On where we are and what we are doing. If I am at the Magic Kingdom and need to get to the Poly, I take the monorail. If am at the Animal Kingdom and need to get to Epcot, I would probably take a taxi.

It depends. If it's for a breakfast reservation we take a taxi unless our reservation is at a monorail resort. For dinner, we'll typically use Disney transportation unless we lost track of time and are cutting it close to the reservation time.

We do a bit of both. I always budget ahead for a few taxi trips. Then depending on where we are and where we need to go to, I decide. It is not that expensive to take a taxi and it can save a lot of time.

we do buses, but we don't do morning ADR's either:cool1: just dinners. We always allow approx. an hour+ to travel,and hopefully get to the resort early enough to look around and enjoy before dinner! it's fun!
Our usual plan is to decide which park is closest to the reosrt where we're eating. example, we're eating at the contemperary,so we take a bus to MK,then walk over to the hotel.
or we're eating at AKL,so we bus over to Animal Kingdom,get off bus,wait,and get on bus over to lodge. Usually when we leave dinner, we take the bus to DTD,as we like hanging out there at night.....then back to our hotel:thumbsup2
if we leave from a park,that's easy,just take the proper bus!
Once, we ate at Boma, then took a bus back to Epcot stops,(closest to our hotel) then just got in the proper line for the bus back to our hotel. easy. (just be aware of park closing times for this....if all else fails,we go back thru DTD which has buses to everywhere, but that's slower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter