transportation to park b4 busses roll

aestapa

Mouseketeer
I am trying to plan a trip for some high school students for February to take advantage of the Disney YES program (behind the scenes stuff for students).

We are bringing 10 - 15 kids and 3 - 5 adults, so we will have around 20 people. We are flying and will be using ME and Disney busses to get around.

One of the programs that we really want to do starts at 7:45 at DHS...which is before the busses would roll from the resorts to the parks.

Can anyone offer suggestions for transporation? Renting a bus/van is not a good option due to liability and school board issues.

Actually, you will be able to get to DHS at 7:45 am. Just be out at your resort bus stop at 6:50 am. A bus will be around by 7am.

They would need to be at the Food Court by 6:15am, and only grab something continental that morning, but you will make it!!!

I agree you can use the buses that early but I would be out there earlier - 7 might be early enough but when staying at All Stars (not sure where you are) I have seen the buses start past there at 6:40.

Liz

Thanks! The CM I spoke to said that since the parks don't open until 9, the busses wouldn't run until 8 or so.

We always drive, so I've never used the bus system.

Thanks! The CM I spoke to said that since the parks don't open until 9, the busses wouldn't run until 8 or so.

We always drive, so I've never used the bus system.

I have not had to say this in a long time:

NEVER, NEVER, EVER, listen to Cast Members about transportation. This has been an ongoing problem for years. For whatever reason Cast Members are not trained properly on how WDW transportation operates. Only trust the Disney bus drivers and the folks on these boards who know more than most Cast Members about how to get around WDW.

NEVER, NEVER, EVER, listen to Cast Members about transportation. This has been an ongoing problem for years. For whatever reason Cast Members are not trained properly on how WDW transportation operates. Only trust the Disney bus drivers and the folks on these boards who know more than most Cast Members about how to get around WDW.

Ha Ha Ha!!! Thanks so much! So, before I drag 20 kids with me...the busses will run at 7AM for a 9AM park opening? I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I don't want to look like the clueless teacher standing at the bus stop at 7AM...waiting. ;)

I have stayed at Disney many times - my daughter works there and prior to that we visited often. I see the buses rolling into All Stars every morning (when I am out at that time) at 6:40.

Liz

The buses MOST definitely will be running at that time.

(Now getting 20 teenagers up and to the bus by that time, I applaud you!!!)

Unless wearing purple pants! :-)

:thumbsup2 Always trust purple pants wearers on matters of transportation. :cutie:

Absolutely true! I forgot about the purple pants! They CAN be trusted for accurate transportation information. I can honestly add I have never come across a front desk CM who understands the bus system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter