Transportation to Lego Land from Disney

911mommy

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know the best way to get to LegoLand from SSR? How much would a cab cost? Any suggestions would be great. Thx!

A cab would be pretty costly as it's a 45 minute (minimum) drive.

From what I hear, the best way to get to Legoland from WDW without a car is the Legoland Shuttle, which leaves from International Drive (about 25 minutes from DTD and SSR).

My best suggestion would be to take a cab there, which will probably run you between 40 and 50 bucks, and then take the shuttle from there. Here's a link to more info (scroll to bottom of page).

http://florida.legoland.com/en/buy_tickets/Admission-Tickets1/shuttle/

Agreed on renting a car. A cab ride would be very, very expensive. The shuttle mentioned earlier also isn't a bad option if you don't want to drive...of course, that makes you a little more time constrained.

I don't know the relative locations of all the Orlando attractions, but one visit we rented a car for our whole trip, primarily to get us to a couple off site restaurants and visit a friend - a very expensive choice in the end as our car spent mostu of the time parked at resort. A different trip we hired a shuttle service to take us to Sea World, not a cab but a car service. It was awesome! Door to door service, much less than a cab or rental car, no parking charge, arrange arrival/departure time exactly as you like. I believe I just googled "Orlando shuttle" or "Orlando car service" and picked a company with good reviews.

We rented a car and picked it up at the Car Care Center in WDW. There's a free shuttle that'll take you to and from your resort to the CCC. It can take a while to get to you, though, so be sure to budget extra time.

The drive to Legoland was easy and we stopped at McDonald's for lunch to save some money. We also used the opportunity to stop at a grocery store to get some snacks to take to the parks.

The Legoland shuttle is now leaving from the new parking garage that was just completed for the Orlando Eye wheel,Tussauds Wax museum and Sea Life Aquarium,these are new projects being built by Merlin who owns Legoland so it makes sense this will be where the shuttle will depart from.If you can get to an area of I Drive that has the I Ride Trolley you can take that to get to the shuttle to Legoland.

We used towncar transportation thru happy limo like $180 round trip. Was worth it to not have to hassle with one day car rental mid trip and getting there and back from rental place.

I know the location has now changed for the shuttle, so not sure how much further that is from the resorts, so how much more cab fare would be.

Last year, we were at POFQ, took a cab to the Premium Outlets where the shuttle picked up. It was $5 per person round trip for the shuttle. And about $20 with tip each way for the cab. So our family of four, it cost about $60.

We looked into a one-day car rental on property, too, and found the cost to be just about the same. We decided the cab/shuttle route was just more convenient for us.

It was super easy and I didn't think very expensive at all. The shuttle is one of those large, comfy buses and they show movies along the way (kind of like DME!).

Just checked the Mears calculator and looks like cab fare from SSR to the new shuttle location is about $25. So a little more than we paid last year, but not by much!

The Vineland location of the Premium outlets is about 1-2 miles south of Sea World,the new shuttle pick up location is probably 1-2 miles north of Sea World.On I Drive just south of Sand Lake rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter