• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

i used Tony last October and again this month for a 3 leg trip.

he is very dependable.

We're planning to go straight from the airport to Universal. We're renting a car, but I'm wondering if instead of paying for the rental car & parking, if there's a shuttle? I looked on the hotel's website and only found shuttle services with a fee. Thanks for any help

Sadly, there is NO free shuttle from the airport to Universal.

This is probably a silly question but I never take taxi's and with the prices of rental cars being outrageous, I think a taxi is the way to go. So, do taxi's accept credit cards for payment and a tip? Or do we need to have cash?

So we will be heading to disney this summer for a stay at the beach club , I want to rent a car for the Disney stay , but after the beach club we will be spending 4 nights at RPH and I do not see the need for a car there or want to pay for parking , are there any car rental places where I can rent a car at MCO and return it somewhere very close to RPH ?

hertz is onsite at the darkside.

Hertz Rental Car Services
Hertz Desks are located next to Attraction Ticket Center and are open 7 days a week from 8am – 5pm.

To make a reservation please call:
Hard Rock Hotel: 407-503-2156
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: 407-503-1156
Loews Royal Pacific Resort: 407-503-3156
*Based on availability

I am looking for advice on travel to and from the airport to the Universal hotels. We are looking at dates somewhere around September 7th. We are 3 or 4 adults (sister 2 hasn't decided yet) and a 2 and a 7 year old. This is a quick trip to see Harry Potter. We have not seen it yet and it is time! We have decided not to get a car and I was wondering what would be the best (and cheapest) way to get us all where we need to go. I would like to make a stop somewhere if possible and get a few snacks and a case of water. Thanks so much for the help.

Been doing some research on the best way to get from the airport to universal. Best rate I have been quoted is $40 + tip by ace metro cab company. They can arrange a meet and great or you can go to the transportation center, they claim to have taxis 24/7

I am looking for advice on travel to and from the airport to the Universal hotels. We are looking at dates somewhere around September 7th. We are 3 or 4 adults (sister 2 hasn't decided yet) and a 2 and a 7 year old. This is a quick trip to see Harry Potter. We have not seen it yet and it is time! We have decided not to get a car and I was wondering what would be the best (and cheapest) way to get us all where we need to go. I would like to make a stop somewhere if possible and get a few snacks and a case of water. Thanks so much for the help.

Tony (who you will see mentioned quite a bit on this thread) picks you up in a van (not a minivan - the larger one). We were very pleased with the service, and you should have ample room with him. His price was cheaper than any of the towncars I checked on.

Hi! We are doing a Universal/Disney trip. universal first b/c we can't imagine not ending at the World. I see when I book my hotel I can pre-purchase a round trip airport transfer, but not a one way.

Is a cab the best way to go? About how much will it cost? Debating renting a car for the drive to universal and then to Disney, returning the car at the car care center. How easy or hard is this?

Hi! We are doing a Universal/Disney trip. universal first b/c we can't imagine not ending at the World. I see when I book my hotel I can pre-purchase a round trip airport transfer, but not a one way.

Is a cab the best way to go? About how much will it cost? Debating renting a car for the drive to universal and then to Disney, returning the car at the car care center. How easy or hard is this?

A cab, one way from the airport, is around $50 including tip.

Remember that if you have a car at the Universal hotel, you have to pay for parking.

We have a stickty thread on this subject on the Resorts board.

Moving this thread there.

Yup! Booked Tony Hinds last night for our trip to HRH in April 2014! Never too early to make transport arrangements he said! Thanks for the post and tips :)

Just following up on my booking of Tony for our recent trip to the HRH (came home yesterday) ... I would HIGHLY recommend Tony for your transportation needs. Extremely dependable and very friendly and knowledgeable about the area for any of your questions along the ride to your hotel.

We had a glitch (my mistake) upon arrival, when we came down the escalator to the baggage claim and I didn't see his sign with our name on it right away. My husband went to get the luggage and I gave Tony a call to find out if he was on his way. I felt so bad when I realized that the information I game Tony on a change to our arrival time also included the wrong date (by one day). I can't believe I made that mistake. When he responded that he thought I had said we were arriving the next day, I realized my mistake and apologized right away as I had a copy of my email to him right there. He said he would be there in 15 mins and he was, and he was so so friendly when he arrived. By the time we got our luggage, we only waited another minute or two and there he was. We were very lucky he happened to be free right at that time.

The other great thing about Tony, was that not only did he stop at the grocery store for us (snacks, beer, etc) he stopped at the liquor store for us too as we wanted to get a bottle of rum for the room. He was so accommodating and polite and had no problem at all making two stops for us as he didn't have any other pickups that night.

For our trip home, he was right there on time, and had also sent me a quick text the afternoon before to remind me of when he would be there.

Thanks Tony!

arriving midnight...

any recommendations? do car services pick up that late? or taxi readily available???

the car service i use, Tony Hinds, provides 24 hour service.

taxis will be at the airport at all hours also.

if i was traveling midnight or after, i would select private car service.

Tony Hinds meets me at the baggage claim area at the airport and handles all my luggage.
taxis don't offer that feature.

I don't see the option to purchase airport transfers from the airport to universal anymore. Am I missing something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter