transportation to discovery cove?

Hmom

Mouseketeer
We are considering a visit to Discovery Cove as part of November vacation. DH & I went on our honeymoon & loved it. Now DS wants to go. Honeymoon was 10 years ago & arranged by a travel agent. I have no clue what the arrangements were for getting to Discovery Cove from a WDW resort. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle or would we need to rent a car? We are staying at AKV.

Thanks!
Michelle

You could rent a car - Enterprise picks you up so that might be a way. I guess Alamo is Disney's preferred car rental. Remember this will likely result in parking charges at Discovery Cove and the need to fill up the tank.

You could get a taxi, but that will probably be expensive.

You should probably look at Mears - you can schedule round trip transportation and they will pick you up (at hotel and at DC) per scheduled times.

Another option is a town car or limo service, there's many out there who are sponsors for all of these sites.

Disney does not offer shuttles off property, and I doubt anyone will come get you either.

Good luck!

If you rent a car there is no charge for parking at Discovery Cove. If you are just looking at needing transportation for that day a Taxi from the Disney area might be more convenient and close to as cheap. I'm sure you could get a cab for around $40 RT and wouldn't have to worry about car rental damages, gas or the inconvenience of getting the car and taking it back. The other good reason for a taxi would be the availability of free Beer all day at DC......need to get the most for your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter