Transportation TGV from CDG to MLV

Liza111577

Becoming a DISney addict!!
Hi there,

This is my first time going to Disneyland Paris. We are AP holders at WDW and know it inside and out. I've already purchased our flight, hotel and tickets.
We will be staying at Hotel L'Elysee for 3 nights.
I'm having trouble trying to find TGV times and prices from CDG to MLV in August. At first I thought it's because it is too far out, but even when trying dates in May and June, just to see fares and times, it still tells me there is no availability.
I'm using the SNCF website.
Any tips, as to how to get it to pull up the information?
Also, if I'm unable to purchase TGV tickets ahead of time, and need to wait until we land at CDG, will the prices be outrageous the day of? Will there be any availability the day of?

Hi, The TGV tickets go on sale 90 days before - The SNCF must be having an issue atm as I can get up times but not prices for May.

I usually reserve my train tickets on https://www.capitainetrain.com as they are more user friendly than the Voyages Sncf site.

If you wait and buy them at the airport they will be more expensive but there will be availability unless it is a weekend when it would be best to reserve in advance.

Thanks so much for the link!! It is much, much easier for sure. I'm well over the 90 days, so it's a no go for now, but will definitely use this site as opposed to the SNCF site

Just be aware that your CC may not go through the first time. Many companies need verification that you will be out of country -- train tickets are apparently one of the most scammed CC purchases. Who knew!??

You can always call them in advance too!

Enjoy DLP, we are WDW folks too and had a great time there a few weeks ago. DD still chatting non stop about it! :)

On the U.S. site (rail europe) it's already allowing me to purchase for $71 round trip. On the SNCF site, if I log in under the UK site, it's available at 45GBP ($68). We are well away from the 90 days, travel is in August, so I'm unsure as to why I'm already able to book. Are those prices outrageous, or is that how much it costs to travel 10 minutes on the TGV?

It starts at 15€ one way on the French sites so yes I find them prices OTT especially as we are over 90 days away and they aren't on sale yet here

Hi, The TGV tickets go on sale 90 days before - The SNCF must be having an issue atm as I can get up times but not prices for May.

I usually reserve my train tickets on https://www.capitainetrain.com as they are more user friendly than the Voyages Sncf site.

If you wait and buy them at the airport they will be more expensive but there will be availability unless it is a weekend when it would be best to reserve in advance.

Hope you see this. I tried booking our TGV tickets on captainetrain, but it's telling me fares aren't available yet.

We are traveling 24/08-27/08 and are within 90 days.

The SNCF french and italian site also do not give me fares, but the UK site does?

It's allowing me to book on Raileurope.com, but I have to pay a fee to book through them. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Carrie can I ask a question - what happens if your flight is delayed and you miss your original train?

Carrie can I ask a question - what happens if your flight is delayed and you miss your original train?

Hello :cheer2:

Depends on what kind of ticket you have - if you have a ticket that allows modifications etc, it's no pb and free of charge

If you've bought the cheapest ticket you can either ask the controllers nicely if you can change to the next one - 99% of the time they will say yes and not charge you - or you can just get in the next train and risk it as the chances of you getting controlled on a 12 minute or so journey are basically nil :upsidedow

Hello :cheer2:

Depends on what kind of ticket you have - if you have a ticket that allows modifications etc, it's no pb and free of charge

If you've bought the cheapest ticket you can either ask the controllers nicely if you can change to the next one - 99% of the time they will say yes and not charge you - or you can just get in the next train and risk it as the chances of you getting controlled on a 12 minute or so journey are basically nil :upsidedow
Lol! Thanks a mill Carrie :-)
Hmm it may just be an option. Thanks xx

Hope you see this. I tried booking our TGV tickets on captainetrain, but it's telling me fares aren't available yet.

We are traveling 24/08-27/08 and are within 90 days.

The SNCF french and italian site also do not give me fares, but the UK site does?

It's allowing me to book on Raileurope.com, but I have to pay a fee to book through them. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong?
Hi Carrie, I wrote to you yesterday, but you must have not seen it.

Can you do me a favor and check SNCF for round trip Aug. 24 to Aug. 27. When I do it on the Italian site and French site, it tells me that there are no fare available for this route. When I try on the UK site I'm able to find fares and when I try on Raileurope.com it lets me, but charges fees.

I tried capitainetrain, but that also is telling me there are no fares available.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong as the dates are within 90 days.

I've done extensive research on this, as we plan to take the TGV to and from CDG as well. For a few dollars (or euros) more, you can purchase a ticket that allows modifications up to 2 hours AFTER your train has departed. It's only like $3/2 euros more, so I figure it's worth the expense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter