Transportation Questions from Resorts

FutureBrideOfMike

Mouseketeer
hi everyone!
I am all over the place with deciding on where to stay.
It is our honeymoon or disneymoon and I want to make it special.

It seems like every resort that we like the looks of, etc are not closest to our favorite park: Epcot.

So my question is: If we stay at one of the Magic Kingdom area resorts: GF, WL, or Poly how long are we looking at transportation wise to Epcot?

Thanks for all your help!

The resorts closest to Epcot (walking distance) are the Swan, Dolphin, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk.

If you book one of the MK resorts then you will either take a bus directly to the park or the monorail to the TTC and then switch to another monorail to Epcot.

Once on the bus it takes about 15-20 minutes to arrive at your destination with the stops at other bus stops to pick up and drop off people and traffic.

If I remember correctly the bus ride from WL to EPCOT is 15 to 20 minutes.

If you stay at CR, PR, or GF the monorail makes a great way to get to EPCOT and would take a few minutes longer than the bus but more fun.

The Beach Club or Boardwalk would be great honeymoon hotels with a short walk or boat ride to the back gate of EPCOT.

Although I like CR, it doesn't have the honeymoon feel. All the others would be great!

Try renting a one bedrm villa from a DVC member.

If you just switch from the MK Resort monorail, it should take anywhere from 10-12 minutes. Keep in mind that WL is not one of the monorail resorts, therefore you will have to take a bus to Epcot.

You truely need to define what is going to make your trip "special" and then apply this criteria to each one of the resorts you are considering.

If you plan on spending the majority of time at Epcot, then I would suggest staying at one of the Epcot Resorts. You might consider the Yatcht Club or the attached Beach Club. It is only very short walk to Epcot's International Entrance which seldom has a line or wait. If food-drink makes your trip special then consider this area with it's abundent offerings.

You can also walk or take the water transportation to MGM or Epcot. Take the monorail over to the TTC from Epcot or the resort buses to any of the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter