transportation question

evil03midget

Earning My Ears
We're planning a trip to Disney at the end of Jan. There is 6 adults and 2 kids and we are staying at a tree house villa with DVC. We're using Disney transportation for everything except we want to get some groceries for our full sized kitchen to make breakfast and some other meals while there. What's the best and cheapest way to do so? We don't want to rent a car for a day thinking that would be way expensive. Any ideas how much a taxi would cost? Any other means of getting to a store and back?

We're planning a trip to Disney at the end of Jan. There is 6 adults and 2 kids and we are staying at a tree house villa with DVC. We're using Disney transportation for everything except we want to get some groceries for our full sized kitchen to make breakfast and some other meals while there. What's the best and cheapest way to do so? We don't want to rent a car for a day thinking that would be way expensive. Any ideas how much a taxi would cost? Any other means of getting to a store and back?

When you factor in a two way taxi trip you may want to look into using Garden Grocer. They will deliver to your resort.

Using a delivery service like Garden Grocer or Wegoshop will be cheaper and easier.

We have used wegoshop many times and had excellent service. They will shop the store or stores that best suit your list for availability and price. They don't mark up the prices but they do charge a delivery fee and for us it still comes out than less than a taxi trip and the convenience can't be beat. They will also delivery beer and wine if you wish.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs in October and had Garden Grocer deliver our grocieries. They were waiting at Bell Services when we arrived to our room. We called down and they brought them right up. We did find, however, that a lot of the items we purchased were available at the Artist's Palatte (they have a small grocery section) at the resort for about the same price.

I like to do my own grocery shopping, so for me taking a taxi would be the better choice. That way you can take advantage of any specials, use coupons, and pick up any little goodies not on your list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter