• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation question

NikkiLovesWDW!

"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S
Hello!! This is my first time posting on this forum. I noticed most people who post here are not from the US so please don't be offended if my question is completely idiotic!! If anyone can help it's you guys!

DFi and I were throwing out some ideas for our 2009 honeymoon (I know, I like to plan ahead) and we were thinking of doing a few days in DLP then go to London for a few days. First of all, is that ridiculous? Secondly, what is the best way to travel from Paris to London with suitcases? How long would it take?

Again, please forgive my ignorance if this question is completely stupid!

Thank you!

EDIT: I just looked on British Airways and it looks like it's pretty cheap to fly from Paris to London. Is that the best way? I've read something about a train?

Hi Nikki and welcome to Europe the best way would be to take the Eurostar as it will run from the Park entrance into London from next year- Happy Planning - and lovely pic

Hi Nikki, welcome!!! :welcome:

I would also recommend taking the Eurostar to London. There is a direct service every evening from the parks to St Pancras in London (at present it goes to Waterloo but changes to St Pancras in November) and several indirect trains a day.

The direct train will leave Disney at 19.36 and arrive in London at 21.13 so the journey takes less than 3 hours and no hanging around airports for hours!!! :thumbsup2

Have a look at our stickies, there's lots of info on them ~ but if there's anything else you wish to know please ask away! :goodvibes

Hi NikkiLovesWDW and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures
here

DFi and I were throwing out some ideas for our 2009 honeymoon (I know, I like to plan ahead) and we were thinking of doing a few days in DLP then go to London for a few days. First of all, is that ridiculous?
If you want to do to London that is entirely up to you ;) It is your honeymoon :)

Another vote for Eurostar here. I'm from the States and living in London for a few years and have traveled from London to the mainland a few times and train is by far my favorite. I've flown to Amsterdam, taken the GNER to Edinburgh and Eurostar to Paris so far, and will again be taking Eurostar to Paris this coming weekend. It's completely hassle free: You only need to be there 45 minutes before departing, no baggage check, you can use your "electronic devices" the whole time and don't have to be told when and how to use a seat belt. :)

A great experience if you are coming from the states where we don't use trains much, if at all.

A great experience if you are coming from the states where we don't use trains much, if at all.

One would think...but funnily enough, DFi takes the train into Manhattan everyday for work so a train is nothing new for him. I'm almost positive that the Eurostar will be in much better condition than NJ Transit, though!!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I have a LOT of planning to do and I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come over the next two years!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I have a LOT of planning to do and I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come over the next two years!

Ask away ~ we love to help :goodvibes and the UK Community Board are very friendly and will be only too pleased to help you with any planning for London and UK. :)

Ask away ~ we love to help :goodvibes and the UK Community Board are very friendly and will be only too pleased to help you with any planning for London and UK. :)

Wow! I didn't even think of that! Fantastic! Thanks again!

It's not a ridiculous question at all :)
I must agree with everyone else, it's probably the best way to get into London to just go direct from DLP (Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy station) with the Eurostar :)

If you google for Eurostar you'll get all the information you need about costs and times (probably not that far advance, but it'll give you an idea at least).

When I go to London (I've been HEAPS of times) I always take the Eurostar from Brussels (as I live in Belgium) and I really can't complain about their service at all. It's not a lenghty trip either and you arrive in the middle of London already.

They let you take 3 pieces of luggage per person, but if you have more they won't say anything about it (I've frequently lugged more onto the train). It might be a bit crowded on the tube, so my recommendation is that you book a hotel that's either within short taxi distance (to keep the costs low) from the London station (which will be St-Pancreas by then, and no longer Waterloo) or if you don't mind the tube (I always do it and it's really not that bad if you avoid rush hour), to take a hotel close to a tube station, just because it's easiest. Don't book the Holiday Inn Old Street though, I stayed there last July and it wasn't worth it.
Holiday Inn Bloomsbury is lovely though, and not too far from a tube station either (I just can't remember which one).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter