• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Universal said that it isn't the case--that the only way to get early entry is if you stay onsite or purchase the off-site package. I'm wondering if some of the attendants are getting those tickets mixed up with the offsite hotel package tickets which do include early entry.

I certainly wouldn't expect it and be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

Fair enough. Wish it were so.

Any idea about a late pick up; after bmg?

Does anybody know if IOA closes at 7 and I am taking mears shuttle how long does it take to get back to Disney's POP culture hotel? I want to make a dinner reservation in DTD that evening and was thinking 8:30??? But I don't know where Mears drops you off at Disney. Will they only take you to your hotel or will they take you to DTD??

TIA for any and all help:santa:

Hi,

Does Mears still offer the shuttle to Universal, I can't find any info on their website....

thanks

:banana:

Hi,

Does Mears still offer the shuttle to Universal, I can't find any info on their website....

thanks

:banana:

As far as I could tell yes... go to the shuttle section and start keying in your information - when you get to the hotel drop down list, all the Universal Lowe's hotels are listed.

While some people had no problems with the shuttle, I started getting concerned about it taking a couple hours due to all the other hotel stops. So given all the ravings for Ed Korgan we are using his service when we go. Hope it was the right choice!!

Calling Mears probably tomorrow about scheduling the shuttle for our day trip to US on Friday. What exactly should I be asking for when I call? I'm just wanting the round trip shuttle service from Caribbean Beach and back that's $18-$20 per person?

For those that have used the DU and Mears deal, are the tickets just normal tickets or do they have something about the deal printed on them? Just wondering if I can upgrade them to an annual pass if I wanted to

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am on dial up internet so I don't have the time or patience to read through the entire thread.

What kind of Shuttle is the Mears Shuttle? Is it a big bus like DME or is it a van? Just wondering if I would have to have car seats for my kids (8 months and 3)? I am not planning on taking them as we are using Disney transporation so just wondering we would be able to add a day at IOA since there are going to be a lot more rehabs than normal going on at the end of this month.

Do they pick up right at your resort (asmovies) or do they pick up from a certain place?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am on dial up internet so I don't have the time or patience to read through the entire thread.

What kind of Shuttle is the Mears Shuttle? Is it a big bus like DME or is it a van? Just wondering if I would have to have car seats for my kids (8 months and 3)? I am not planning on taking them as we are using Disney transporation so just wondering we would be able to add a day at IOA since there are going to be a lot more rehabs than normal going on at the end of this month.

Do they pick up right at your resort (asmovies) or do they pick up from a certain place?

Thanks!

Mears shuttle from your hotel to Universal usually is by van.
it is $19 rt per adult and $15 rt per child.

you make the arrangements in your hotel lobby concierge desk.
do this the night before to secure your seats.
or you can do it earlier in your disney stay.

you are asked which time you want for morning pick up.
i believe 8:30 was the earliest when i was there in october at Sports.

the van/mears shuttle, may make other stops at other disney resorts.
or your family may be the only people traveling that day at the time you chose.

you can make arrangements in advance of when you want to return back to disney or you can call them/mears, 90 minutes in advance once you decide to leave UO.

i don't know about the car seats but would assume they do.
many peeps do use this transportation service for a day at the darkside.

The estimator is quite helpful. We'll see how accurate though once we get there :)

Is Dreams Unlimited a legitimate company? We are thinking or using their deal on Universal tickets to get from the Beach Club to Universal for one day in early November. I priced it out and it seems like renting a car from the Disney Car Care would be about $50 for the day and then having to pay for parking at Universal that the cost wouldn't be much different. Has anyone used the Dreams Unlimited offer before? If so, what was your experience.

Is Dreams Unlimited a legitimate company? We are thinking or using their deal on Universal tickets to get from the Beach Club to Universal for one day in early November. I priced it out and it seems like renting a car from the Disney Car Care would be about $50 for the day and then having to pay for parking at Universal that the cost wouldn't be much different. Has anyone used the Dreams Unlimited offer before? If so, what was your experience.

We used them for our Sept. trip to go from the Dolphin to Universal. Had a great experience and would definately use them again. Bonus feature is the ticket you get with them allows for early entry (same as the time guests of the Universal resorts get in)

Yes they are legitimate ... they are actually owned by the same person who owns this website I believe. Many people have used them successfully - including us on many occasions.

Yes they are legitimate ... they are actually owned by the same person who owns this website I believe. Many people have used them successfully - including us on many occasions.

We went from the Beach Club to Universal this summer (6 of us). Get a Taxi, it's cheaper and easier. Cost us $70 round trip, concierge will call one for you and there is a Taxi stand as you leave Universal (you will be on your way in minutes)

Thanks Jaaron2. A friend also told me that a round-trip taxi wouldn't be a bad option. She said it was easier than having to arrange with Mears the pick-up from Universal. I think we are definitely going with a taxi or Mears. Haven't decided yet.

Just got back from a Disney trip and went to Universal Monday, 1/9. The Dreams Unlimited/Mears combo tickets DID allow for early entry. As far as I can tell, the transportation and ticket combo is a deal put together by Universal, and thus is technically a Universal vacation package.

Just as a note, I wasn't able to pick up the tickets at a self-service kiosk even though I was using the same credit card I purchased them with. But I just went over to guest services and they helped me no problem.

The tickets did have UPRV printed on them. When we got there, the TM's were calling out for room keys or any tickets with UPRV printed on them to go through for early entry. It was an awesome perk! We did the Ollivander's show and Forbidden Journey before park open. Even though FJ broke while we were in line (and again when we were on it) and made a 20-minute wait into 45 minutes, by the time we were done the line was already 90 minutes :scared1: so we're definitely glad we went through DU and got the ticket/Mears combo. Would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Oh, and on the way back from Universal to Disney, they had two big busses (like the ME busses) to take us all back... much better than the normal little shuttles.

Where exactly is the dropoff/pickup area that is closest to Islands of Adventure?

I am planning a trip to Universal by myself but will have someone dropping me off and picking me up later. I am handicapped with degenerative arthritis. I can walk but not too far. I am unable to do the walk from the Universal parking garage to the park entrances where I will rent a scooter. So I am looking for the closest area to be dropped off that will have the least amount of walking.

And where exactly are these drop-off points so I can look them up on Google Street view maps.

Here is what someone replied (below) but it doesn't say what streets to take. I will be coming North on Turkey Lake Road. What street do I turn on (Vineland?) Then what street do I turn onto after that? This person also mentioned the Valet Parking area - what are the cross streets at the Valet area? I want to look this location up on Google maps.

Reply from member on 7/10/2010: The passenger drop off area is near CityWalk just across Universal Boulevard from the Valet Parking area (make a left where the buses and taxis go) - there is signage and its pretty easy to find - your friend can pick up and drop off there.

After reading through this thread, I was considering Mears or a taxi. Mears concerned me because we have to arrange for p/u (no idea when we will leave, playing it by ear) and we plan to leave HS to go to DTD mid-day. Read that Mears will not pick up at DTD:headache:.

That said, it looks like we will have to go with a taxi. There are 5 of us :grouphug:; one large size male, two average size females and two skinny teenagers both as tall as adults! Mears says they can fit 5, does anyone know if the average taxi that we would pick up also allow for 5:confused3? If we have to take two taxis, the rental cars look more favorable, even with the parking fees.

We would probably pick up outside HRH, if possible, and make rope drop at both MK and HS. When we leave, it would be from the Contemporary and DTD - I am hoping it will be easy to catch taxis there.

Do they fit 5, and does this sound about right :)?

you can be dropped off at the valet section.
it cuts the walk shorter for you then to the park.
Where exactly is the dropoff/pickup area that is closest to Islands of Adventure?

I am planning a trip to Universal by myself but will have someone dropping me off and picking me up later. I am handicapped with degenerative arthritis. I can walk but not too far. I am unable to do the walk from the Universal parking garage to the park entrances where I will rent a scooter. So I am looking for the closest area to be dropped off that will have the least amount of walking.

And where exactly are these drop-off points so I can look them up on Google Street view maps.

Here is what someone replied (below) but it doesn't say what streets to take. I will be coming North on Turkey Lake Road. What street do I turn on (Vineland?) Then what street do I turn onto after that? This person also mentioned the Valet Parking area - what are the cross streets at the Valet area? I want to look this location up on Google maps.

Reply from member on 7/10/2010: The passenger drop off area is near CityWalk just across Universal Boulevard from the Valet Parking area (make a left where the buses and taxis go) - there is signage and its pretty easy to find - your friend can pick up and drop off there.

After reading through this thread, I was considering Mears or a taxi. Mears concerned me because we have to arrange for p/u (no idea when we will leave, playing it by ear) and we plan to leave HS to go to DTD mid-day. Read that Mears will not pick up at DTD:headache:.

That said, it looks like we will have to go with a taxi. There are 5 of us :grouphug:; one large size male, two average size females and two skinny teenagers both as tall as adults! Mears says they can fit 5, does anyone know if the average taxi that we would pick up also allow for 5:confused3? If we have to take two taxis, the rental cars look more favorable, even with the parking fees.

We would probably pick up outside HRH, if possible, and make rope drop at both MK and HS. When we leave, it would be from the Contemporary and DTD - I am hoping it will be easy to catch taxis there.

Do they fit 5, and does this sound about right :)?

All you have to do is ask for a Taxi van, same cost as the cars (thats what we did- there were 6 of us)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter