Transportation from the fort to the parks.

sambuster

Mouseketeer
Will be at the fort next Friday. Was wondering what the transportation to the parks from the campground is like? Are the boats running from the marinara to the MK? Thanks sambuster

The transportation board says things are open. There is social distancing though so less people on each bus/boat.

Can anyone there confirm when the bus/boat to the MK started running and how long was the wait?

Can anyone there confirm when the bus/boat to the MK started running and how long was the wait?

This was posted on Saturday evening:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...ates-due-to-coronavirus.3796390/post-62125807
The only negative thing today was trying to get there! We are staying at Fort Wilderness and we were told the boats would start at 8:30. We got there at 8:10 and the line was out to the bike racks. OK, no big deal. I figured that since Disney knew EXACTLY how many guests staying at the fort had reservations for MK today they would be prepared with the number of boats to send over. Nope. Their plan was to run ONE boat back and forth. The CMs told us that they were not told how many reservations there were and so they weren't expecting that many people to be waiting. Really?? The finally had that data and didn't use it. Disappointing. The CMs there were helpful - called in another boat and some buses and got everyone over, but we got on line at 8:10 and didn't get to the park until 9:30. Hopefully they'll fix it for tomorrow!

We just got home today after a week at the fort. The only boat running is from the fort to MK. We only saw one boat running. To go to the parks you have to either take the bus, Lyft or drive. We drove by car. My husband did go for a boat ride to the MK and back and he was one of maybe 6 people on the boat.

We just got home today after a week at the fort. The only boat running is from the fort to MK. We only saw one boat running. To go to the parks you have to either take the bus, Lyft or drive. We drove by car. My husband did go for a boat ride to the MK and back and he was one of maybe 6 people on the boat.

Colleen,

Did they have a bus to MK from the Fort? or were you meaning to the other three parks?

They should at least run a small boat to the Contemporary and let some of us walk over to MK.

Bama Ed

Colleen,

Did they have a bus to MK from the Fort? or were you meaning to the other three parks?

They should at least run a small boat to the Contemporary and let some of us walk over to MK.

Bama Ed
Only boat running from the fort was to MK. No boats to the resorts.

To get to resorts you have to take the bus to Disney springs from there you can get on a resort bus.

Yeah. I get it. But that's a non-starter to make rope drop. :sad2:

I appreciate your timely update. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

I read somewhere in the last few weeks that resort hopping would not be allowed for now. That may be why the little (resort launches) aren't running. It's going to make it harder to get to Cali for Dinner.

j

I read somewhere in the last few weeks that resort hopping would not be allowed for now. That may be why the little (resort launches) aren't running. It's going to make it harder to get to Cali for Dinner.

j

Nah, just a couple of rights and you are right there. Can park in the Contemporary Lot, no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter