• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Swan/Dolphin

KalBen

Earning My Ears
Is transportation to Disney parks and Downtown Disney provided from these hotels? How timely is it? We are debating whether to stay onsite or try one of these. Thanks for any advice.

KalBen said:
Is transportation to Disney parks and Downtown Disney provided from these hotels? How timely is it? We are debating whether to stay onsite or try one of these. Thanks for any advice.

Transportation is provided via bus to AK, MK, DTD, and BB and TL and via boat to Epcot and MGM. Or you could walk to both MGM and Epcot...

Personally, I thought the busses were OK at best. We once waited about 30 min for a bus to MK. The boats were also very sloooooooow moving. If you have the energy I say walk to Epcot (its not too far) and for MGM its a slow boat ride but not that long.

I liked the Dolphin, but it definitly does not have that 'Disney feel' to it. There were many conventioneers and the food was overpriced. I say stay at a mod instead and save some $$$. We stayed at CSR and thought it was way better in terms of service and cleanliness than the Dolphin.

Hope this helps :sunny:

We found the transportation at both Swan & Dolphin to be excellent! :thumbsup2 We walk to Epcot, take the boat the MGM and the bus everywhere else. We have never had an excessive wait for anything. Probably the longest we had was 20 minutes waiting for DTD bust late at night. And this is all over quite a few trips to both now.

Bus service from any resort we've stayed at to DD is pretty slow most of the time. During our stays, the Swan has always been the first pickup/drop off point for the Epcot resort area. The walk to Epcot is easy & MGM not bad at all. The location is great! Because of specials & codes, S/D provides the best chance of getting a room in the Epcot area for near-moderate resort prices. If you decide to go moderate, we've found CSR to have the best bus service on property.

The transportation was good for our perspective. The boat came by quickly and frequently, the buses seemed to be fine. As already mentioned, walking is a good way to get to EPCOT and MGM.

Swan/Dolphin transportation is provided by Disney ... thus it is the same as the YC/BC and the Boardwalk. In other words, it IS Disney transportation ... just like the other Disney hotels on property.

That said, we stayed at the Dolphin and while it was very nice ... just didn't have the same "Disney feel" as the YC/BC, AKL, POFQ and POR ... from our perspective. Can't put my finger on exactly why ... but if we have the monies we stay at the AKL, BC/YC before staying at the Dolphin even if we can get a better rate. There are many others that would disagree but that is our opinion ...and what we found for our family.

The transportation here, though, is the same as when we stay at other resorts in the area.

I've stayed at the Swan for 3 years now and the transportation service is never a problem. The only time you have a long wait is the bus to DTD but that holds true for any Disney resort as well because it's a further ride and just takes longer. During our stays at the Poly we always waited forever for that bus to take us downtown. We rarely took the boat to Epcot and just walked it, it's not long at all. The boats were always timely during our stay and never had to wait that long.

It's always hit or miss when it comes to WDW transportation when staying at ANY of the resorts. Sometimes we wait a long time and other times we don't. Doesn't matter where we stay. The S/D are great because you are within walking distance of 2 parks and 3 other resorts. Can't say that about any of the other resorts in WDW.

If you're thinking about staying off-property then you'll have to drive everywhere and park (and pay to park). I couldn't even think of staying off property anymore. If you stay at the DTD resorts the transportation is very limited as far as times go.

We had great luck with transportation when we stayed at the Swan last week whether waiting on the bus, boat or monorail. Usually we wait for something but last week was great!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter