• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Sanford

dansyr2514

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Next February I am taking a group of girls down to Disney for a dance competition. We're kicking around a couple ideas for flights. We could leave out of our local airport. But the only direct flights fly into Sanford. I was wondering if anyone would know the cost of transportation for say a large van from Sanford to Disney?

Our other option is to fly out of Philadelphia and just go through Magical express. If we did that, I would find a local company to get us to Philadelphia airport as a group.

Thanks

Hi all!

Next February I am taking a group of girls down to Disney for a dance competition. We're kicking around a couple ideas for flights. We could leave out of our local airport. But the only direct flights fly into Sanford. I was wondering if anyone would know the cost of transportation for say a large van from Sanford to Disney?

Our other option is to fly out of Philadelphia and just go through Magical express. If we did that, I would find a local company to get us to Philadelphia airport as a group.

Thanks

A 10-passenger van will run about $250 plus tip, round trip, between Sanford and Disney.

Thanks!!! Any recommendations for which company to use if we decide that is the best course of action?

I'm guessing you're considering using Allegiant Air out of Lehigh Valley? First, let me say, I have flown Allegiant both from Lehigh Valley and Wilkes-Barre Scranton and had good experiences both times. However, that said.....keep in mind...they do not fly every day of the week from either airport. Also, given the fact that they don't fly every day could present a huge problem for you, especially in February if a flight is cancelled/postponed due to weather related issues. Sometimes their prices can't be beat.....again.....keep in mind they DO charge for everything......carry-on bags, checked bags, assigned seats, even the beverages they serve you on the 2 hour flight......so when totalled....along with the cost of transportation from Sanford....you might be better off flying from PHL directly to MCO. Not trying to say you shouldn't go that route.....as I said we've used them a few times w/o any issues, had enjoyable flights and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.....however, it's only my husband and myself.....we travel lightly with a carry-on only and don't worry about assigned seating so when we get a great deal from them it's wonderful for us and so far, we haven't had a flight cancelled....although I have heard stories from people who have and it can ruin a vacation if you can't get another flight for three days. Good luck with your planning and hope you have a great trip!

I'm guessing you're considering using Allegiant Air out of Lehigh Valley? First, let me say, I have flown Allegiant both from Lehigh Valley and Wilkes-Barre Scranton and had good experiences both times. However, that said.....keep in mind...they do not fly every day of the week from either airport. Also, given the fact that they don't fly every day could present a huge problem for you, especially in February if a flight is cancelled/postponed due to weather related issues. Sometimes their prices can't be beat.....again.....keep in mind they DO charge for everything......carry-on bags, checked bags, assigned seats, even the beverages they serve you on the 2 hour flight......so when totalled....along with the cost of transportation from Sanford....you might be better off flying from PHL directly to MCO. Not trying to say you shouldn't go that route.....as I said we've used them a few times w/o any issues, had enjoyable flights and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.....however, it's only my husband and myself.....we travel lightly with a carry-on only and don't worry about assigned seating so when we get a great deal from them it's wonderful for us and so far, we haven't had a flight cancelled....although I have heard stories from people who have and it can ruin a vacation if you can't get another flight for three days. Good luck with your planning and hope you have a great trip!
Have to agree. I love flying into Sanford even though it means renting a car to get to WDW. BUT..the vast majority of airlines that fly in there are smaller airlines that aren't going to be able to get you on a substitute flight if something happens to your original flight!! You could be stuck for days until the next flight is available.
If you are going to have to pay at some point, I would recommend going to Philly and finding a company to get you there and back. If something happens weather wise, at least there are many, many flights out of there that you can get on if you have an issue!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter