• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation from Port to WDW

SarahAndMike

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

My family and I are going on our first Disney cruise in October. I have most things worked out. We're renting a car from MCO to port but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get from port to VWL in WDW. It seems like the rental car companies at port aren't the ones I've used in WDW. I know I can return Budget to a DTD hotel but it's coming out really expensive. Anyone have any hints on the best way to get back. Traveling together is my wife, my son (will be 1) and my mother and father. Thanks in advance for any ideas. I'm a frequent used for Magical Express so I'll admit I don't know the other options well ;)

You can take a DCL motorcoach to VWL after disembarking the ship. You can purchase transfers when you check-in for the cruise. Just tell the CM if you want them. They are $35 per person, except two-year-olds and younger are free. So, it would be $140 for your group. The charge would be applied to your onboard account. After the cruise, after you go through customs, you would exit to the left to the bus depot. Go to the little blue desk and then board the coach going to the resorts.

Oooh that's an idea. It's nice because we'll have credit on our account. I didn't feel like paying for that but if I can use my credit it'll work well.

Hey everyone, some other post said my 1 year old will also cost $35. Can someone confirm this is or isn't true?

We do the rental car deal...Budget, Avis, Thrifty, Hertz, and Enterprise are near the terminal. Discount codes are available at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com. We typically pay about $50 total....rates depend on dates, size of vehicle, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter