Transportation From LAX

BigShot2421

Earning My Ears
Good Morning,

I am planning our family's first trip to Disneyland this summer. We have been AP holders and to WORLD over 30 times but this will be new for us!

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as transportation from LAX? Uber or is there a bus service like the new mears etc?
We are staying at Disneyland Hotel ,so I didn't really wanna rent a car and deal with traffic.

Thanks in advance.
John

Good Morning,

I am planning our family's first trip to Disneyland this summer. We have been AP holders and to WORLD over 30 times but this will be new for us!

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as transportation from LAX? Uber or is there a bus service like the new mears etc?
We are staying at Disneyland Hotel ,so I didn't really wanna rent a car and deal with traffic.

Thanks in advance.
John
We have used Anaheim Town Car Services by Jag 3 times, with great success. The driver has always been there when they should! I intend to use them for our upcoming trip, but haven't booked it, yet.

We are still shopping for transportation as well for our upcoming trip. I have been pricing UberXL’s and the rates are anywhere from $85-$235 from LAX to the DLH hotel. A couple people have mentioned Midwillshuttle for their excellent pricing and service (Yelp reviews seem to back them up as well) and I was quoted $130 for private transport. So right now we are definitely leaning towards them. Lasnky and Karmel who are also highly recommended were around $170.

I highly recommend just doing a regular taxi. We had a pretty gnarly experience with a car service a few weeks ago and felt uncomfortable riding in the SUV from the airport to Anaheim. I won't mention the company name because they gave my money back and apologized.

We went over to the taxis and got right in, no waiting and the driver was great. We cancelled the return trip with the other company and just scheduled a pickup from our hotel with the taxi service. If you get the YellowCab app, you can get a preapproved rate so the meter will not go higher than the rate quoted. It wasn't the first negative experience we've had with a car service (late arrival at airport, driver switched without us knowing, etc).

Last edited:
If you’re on a really tight budget you can take an airport shuttle to the aviation/LAX metro station, take the green metro eastbound to Norwalk station, and then take the 460 southbound bus to Disneyland. This will take a couple hours and the people on the metro can sometimes be a little scary. But it is only a total of $1.75 per person and if you’re with your family and it’s the middle of the day you’ll be safe. Obviously an Uber or whatever is way more ideal so this is just if you’re on a limited budget cause it really does save a lot of money

I highly recommend just doing a regular taxi. We had a pretty gnarly experience with a car service a few weeks ago and felt uncomfortable riding in the SUV from the airport to Anaheim. I won't mention the company name because they gave my money back and apologized.

We went over to the taxis and got right in, no waiting and the driver was great. We cancelled the return trip with the other company and just scheduled a pickup from our hotel with the taxi service. If you get the YellowCab app, you can get a preapproved rate so the meter will not go higher than the rate quoted. It wasn't the first negative experience we've had with a car service (late arrival at airport, driver switched without us knowing, etc).
Coming with a 6 year old grandtinker. Does yellow cab have any car seats or will we need to go car service?

Coming with a 6 year old grandtinker. Does yellow cab have any car seats or will we need to go car service?
It looks like YellowCab doesn't provide car seats per their site. We traveled with a 4-year-old a few months ago and they brought her car seat on the plane so had it for the car service we utilized. I know for sure that Lansky has car seats available and they seem to get pretty good reviews though we have no personal experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter