Transportation from Fort Laudersale to Miami Port

We will be taking our first cruise out of Miami over spring break - spending 2 days at Ft. Lauderdale first (flying in to FLL) DH has arranged a town car to take us from Ft.L to Miami port. Afterwards, he is planning for us to take a train back to FLL but I think we do have a walk some from port to the train station which we don't mind, even with luggage, and we have a pretty late flight home - however, don't know if that is feasible for you and a 4-yr old.

Depends upon when you are flying in and what exactly your plans are. There are a bunch of shared ride services but also private transfers available. Last summer, and we are doing the same thing again in a couple of weeks, we flew in the night before to FLL. We stayed at the Holiday Inn at POM and used Go Airport Service from FLL to the hotel. They had a SUV waiting for us curbside after we got bags.

Bring a car seat is using a private car transfer. We are bringing a booster for DD6 this upcoming trip. I doubt it is an option for the shared ride since they are using mini buses. We did use SAS back from POM to FLL last year. Both worked really well. The SAS driver was a talker, and sadly we were in the first row so we got an earful from him about Carnival. :scared1:

If flying in day of, or spending the night in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise, look at SAS and one of their shared ride. We have another non-DCL cruise booked for August. Flying in morning of (generally not something we do) and will use SAS for that trip to go from FLL to POM.

We used SAS last year to get from FLL to Port of Miami. It was pretty seamless. We arrived at FLL at 10am, got our luggage, driver picked us up and we were at the Port by 11am. We were a family of 7 and it saved us several hundred dollars vs flying into Miami. I def recommend them. My son was 3 at the time and I did not bring along his car seat, but rather a small booster that I was able to store in a carry on once we boarded the ship. Otherwise the passenger vans have seat belts.

We are in Ft Lauderdale now. Taking QLS transportation (shared van) in the morning to Miami. I'll let you know how it is. We paid $15 pp. one way.

We just took SAS transportation. They were great. We got out at the wrong terminal, and they still came and found us.!!

We used GoShuttle bc others wouldn't take us to our miami hotel. It was def pricey 120 for 5 of us but we literally didn't wait one minute and got the van tobourselves. On way back we used Mjs and that was shared but worked out well and was 65 for the 5 of us.

We had called go shuttle as well and when we arrived we called them as we were told to and they said they do not have a reservation for us and they couldn't come get us. We just hopped in a regular cab and had no issues, fast and just as cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter