Transportation from Epcot to Beach Club

Gumbatman

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We have ADRs at the Beach Club at 10:30am next week. I was thinking that we could hit Epcot at opening, dash to Soarin' and maybe Test Track and then get to the Beach Club for breakfast/brunch at 10:30. Does that sound reasonable?

If so, when should we leave Epcot and what is the best way to get to the Beach Club? Foot, car, boat, bus, helicopter, ATV, Jet Ski, hovercraft... ;)

Thanks.

Head right out the back gate and go by foot! You could take the boat, but it is really not necessary. I walk with a cane and would still walk!

Sounds possible to do the rides. Then walk to the international gateway located between England and the bridge to France. You can follow the path to the Beach Club

OK, I'm gonna ask this question, knowing I might get flamed. However, my intention is not to cheat the system, it is just trying to figure out the best approach.

We are staying at OKW. Would it make sense to park at the Beach Club in the morning, walk over to Epcot and then back for breakfast. Once we are done, depending on our level of energy, walk back to Epcot for the day.

Or should we just park at Epcot like everyone else? There didn't seem to be a way to walk from OKW to Epcot.

Thanks again for the help.

Since you are staying onsite, you technically aren't cheating the system as you wouldn't have to pay to park anywhere. The cheaters are trying to avoid paying the parking fee.

You could try it and see, I know that the monorail resorts are really careful about issuing parking passes for their restaurants. Not sure about the Epcot resorts, but you might just get a three hour parking pass, then you would have to move your car.

It would be easier at the end of it all if you just parked at Epcot, rode a few rides, went to breakfast, and back to Epcot without worrying about moving your car. The walk to the BC parking lot at the end of the day, for some reason, is much longer than when you make it at breakfast time. :lmao:

Since you are staying onsite, you technically aren't cheating the system as you wouldn't have to pay to park anywhere. The cheaters are trying to avoid paying the parking fee.

You could try it and see, I know that the monorail resorts are really careful about issuing parking passes for their restaurants. Not sure about the Epcot resorts, but you might just get a three hour parking pass, then you would have to move your car.

Parking at a lot at a resort that is not the one at which you are staying, then going
into a theme park for the day is against parking policy.

I think I'll park at Epcot and walk. I'm not looking to cheat or go against policy. Plus, then I don't even have to worry about it.

Thanks for the heads up!

I would stick with the original plan. Park at Epcot and then walk over to Beach Club. It wouldn't be a very good day if you had your car towed.:sad2:

The Beach Club has got to be the closest hotel to a Disney park aside from those hotels like the Grand Californian that have an entrance to the park from the hotel.From Soarin or Test Track just head to World Showcase by the right side by Canada then you'll see the UK and the International gateway exit ,once you exit the park it's a 5 minute walk,there's a boat but it will take you longer.

a few things...
first, parking at BC and walking to epcot, doing rides and getting back to BC for 10:30 is not a great plan imo... because the walk from the Int'l Gateway to the rides that will be open (Future World) is long and time consuming and to be held at the IG rope will put you significantly behind the front gate rope drop guests... plus, getting back to BC at the end of the night will be a hassle...

second... when you are attempting to leave future world and head to worldshowcase (IG) at 10am, you will be stopped... be sure to explain that you are heading to the BC... because WS is not open most days 'til 11am :)

last but not least... why drive at all? why not take wdw transport and use the bus to get you to epcot in the a.m. and back to OKW in the p.m.? imo that's the easiest!

regardless of parking dos and donts. if you go into the main gate you will make it to soarin before the mass from the ig. so that is a nobrainer. go on soarin immediately and then grab a fast pass for soarin right after. high tail it over to test track and go on, then get in single rider line and you will have done soarin and test track twice by 10. then walk to bc. make it to cape may cafe at 1020, high five the rest of the crew, because you had a great morning.

On our last trip we had an ADR for Chef Mickey's, and when we pulled into the Contemporary lot, they asked for our name and the security guard had a listing of all the ADR's.

This summer we went to Epcot twice for rope drop through the IG and were let in all the way to the fountain in FW one morning to see the opening show, and through the rose garden the other morning on the way to TT (although we were held back by CM's until the crowd from the main gates came in). In past trips we had only been let in to the UK, but this summer it was really nice to get in with the rest of the crowds.

So it might work for the OP to get done what they want by going to BC first. BTW, we loved our breakfast at Cape May!:goofy::donald:::MinnieMo We had the first seating at 7:30 AM and were at Epcot for rope drop (that was the morning we were led through the rose garden toward Soarin').

Wow! Thanks for all the great info. I am just so amazed at all the people willing to help out here! :worship:

I leave for Disney at 5:00 Sunday morning and should be asleep but I am just too excited! I dare say I am more excited than the kids! :banana:

Thank you all again and have a Magical Night!

If you are going from Soarin to the BC, it is NOT a 5 minute walk. It is probably a good 15 minute walk from there. It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the IG. So give yourself plenty of time. I think its do-able to do those rides if you go fast, but I'd say make your way over to the BC no later than 10:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter